Reliable Rimfire rifle

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Reliable Rimfire rifle

Post by Title_II » 22 Jun 2015, 8:45 am

By pigs you mean boar? Like bacon pigs? :) We call groundhogs pigs here so not sure. I would not hunt boar with a .22 but I would dust a whistlepig.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigfellascott » 22 Jun 2015, 9:35 am

Title_II wrote:By pigs you mean boar? Like bacon pigs? :) We call groundhogs pigs here so not sure. I would not hunt boar with a .22 but I would dust a whistlepig.

Yeah mate Boars and Sows. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by sally-bee » 22 Jun 2015, 10:33 am

Title_II wrote:By pigs you mean boar? Like bacon pigs? :) We call groundhogs pigs here so not sure. I would not hunt boar with a .22 but I would dust a whistlepig.

I thought these guys where your "ground hogs"

hh-animals-groundhog-6.png
hh-animals-groundhog-6.png (479.34 KiB) Viewed 2657 times
sally-bee
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by GLS_1956 » 05 Aug 2015, 11:34 pm

I like the Marlin Model 60, but if I understand correctly auto loaders are banned in Australia. New in box my Model 60, blued, synthetic stock and cheap Chinese 4X was US$ 150 out the door. Marlin's 39A is great but pricey, same for CZ 455 American. I'd be looking at Marlin and Savage bolt actions.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Apollo » 05 Aug 2015, 11:46 pm

No, Auto Loaders or more correctly Semi Auto & Full Auto are not banned in Australia. They are restricted to those of us that have a genuine reason to own and use one.

I have owned a Marlin Semi Auto in the past and not for long. I wasn't impressed with it at all.

One of the European makes was by far a much better outfit and far more reliable.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Wobble » 11 Aug 2015, 8:46 am

GLS_1956 wrote:I like the Marlin Model 60, but if I understand correctly auto loaders are banned in Australia.

They're allowed for primary production and professional pest control and culling.

For recreational hunting or target shooting which makes up the majority of us we're limited to manual actions.
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles