Puma Rifles

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Puma Rifles

Post by Heckler303 » 04 Oct 2015, 1:14 pm

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I should stick with getting Puma JW9 for 150, then next year for my birthday get a JW25 Mauser. That'd be a great present.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by SendIt » 05 Oct 2015, 10:21 am

pomemax wrote:just went into wikipedia I never knew long and long rifle were different

It's an easy enough thing to assume incorrectly unless it's spelled out for you.

You'd have thought they'd pick a more distinct name way back when :unknown: but there's no changing it now.
Sako 85 Hunter Laminated Stainless 30-06 Sprg
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42

Winchester 1892 44-40
SendIt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Plinks » 24 Dec 2017, 11:05 pm

Any one had trouble with the extractor on the JW15 or Puma Hunter model not extracting shells tried different ammo cleaned oiled pulled it apart luckily I had old JW15 bolt which I believe is better than the Puma Hunter version ,gun is only three months old ,the bolt that is being used in it is nearly 25 years old never had a problem with it . Going too take it too the shop after Xmas but wondering if anyone else has had issues?
Plinks
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Plinks » 01 Jan 2018, 9:58 am

Any one had trouble with the extractor on the JW15 or Puma Hunter model not extracting shells tried different ammo cleaned oiled pulled it apart luckily I had old JW15 bolt which I believe is better than the Puma Hunter version ,gun is only three months old ,the bolt that is being used in it is nearly 25 years old never had a problem with it . Going too take it too the shop after Xmas but wondering if anyone else has had issues?
Plinks
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Plinks » 01 Jan 2018, 10:06 am

Actually going too keep older bolt in as I find it superior in the safety and it's nice and worn in over ten thousand rounds without a hitch new Jw15 Hunter Puma levees than 250 rounds and the extractor goes , plus the safety is smaller and when teaching some one too shoot they need too feel secure in the knowledge of the gun not having problems , I used too shoot practical pistols and black powder the only gun that ever let me down was überti Remington 36 and that was my fault because after 18 odd shots you have too clean every piece of the gun soak the frame and every spring moving part , I made mistake reassembling so that one was on me , I used too shoot the 1911a1 commander Norinco and the 9mm version as they were made too US milatary standard chip McCormick and a lot off race gun enthusiasts used the Norinco 1911 a1 frame too build upon because it was so well made so chalking this up too error on in a million
Plinks
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Plinks » 01 Jan 2018, 10:08 am

Heckler303 wrote:Thanks for the replies. Maybe I should stick with getting Puma JW9 for 150, then next year for my birthday get a JW25 Mauser. That'd be a great present.

Let me know how it is , my local shop said they were not selling them new anymore but it looks awesome, and Shoot Straight you bastards .!
Plinks
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Wombat » 01 Jan 2018, 1:43 pm

There are mixed reviews for the Chinese rifles. If a budget accurate .22 is what you want I'd try to pick up a secondhand Brno model 2 or if moneys really tight a Toz 17.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 01 Jan 2018, 5:51 pm

Heaps of good 2nd hand 22lr available.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles