Lithgow Crossover Timber .22

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Lithgow Crossover Timber .22

Post by bigfellascott » 29 Nov 2015, 9:04 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:I've started seeing ads taking pre-orders of the LA-102. I'm wondering if they're not treating warranty as a low priority while they try to get the first LA-102 shipments complete. I definitely hope not.

I wouldn't be rushing out to buy one of these either, I'd rather let the guinea pigs buy em first, find all the probs, let em sort them out then buy the one that works as it should :D

Never been a fan of buying the latest and greatest untested anything, I let the suckers do that for me and then buy when and if it's sorted and working as it should. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by rsj223 » 29 Nov 2015, 11:04 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
sandgroperbill wrote:I've started seeing ads taking pre-orders of the LA-102. I'm wondering if they're not treating warranty as a low priority while they try to get the first LA-102 shipments complete. I definitely hope not.

I wouldn't be rushing out to buy one of these either, I'd rather let the guinea pigs buy em first, find all the probs, let em sort them out then buy the one that works as it should :D

Never been a fan of buying the latest and greatest untested anything, I let the suckers do that for me and then buy when and if it's sorted and working as it should. :thumbsup:

You may get a good working bargain form this guinea pig for the 101 because I'm getting over all this
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 29 Nov 2015, 11:53 pm

How long has it been all up, now, rsj?
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Nov 2015, 5:10 am

rsj223 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:

You may get a good working bargain form this guinea pig for the 101 because I'm getting over all this

Nup I wouldn't touch one until I was certain they were coming out of the factory in correct working order, so far from what I've read this isn't the case so they can keep mine! :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by rsj223 » 30 Nov 2015, 8:38 am

sandgroperbill wrote:How long has it been all up, now, rsj?

It started with the first email about the problem on 21/10/15 they acknowledged receipt of the rifle on 12/11/15, the delay in me giving them the rifle was I requested a refund as I thought it was the suitable for sale and still do, this rifle will probably end up for sale at a loss to me as I will want to take it to the range when I get it back but will see what happens.
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 30 Nov 2015, 9:28 am

Rsj just got the same waking on a part and no eta, unlikely to be the new year.

Serves me right for buying Australian.

Spoke to the shop that I bought it fromand asked for a replacement or refund as 3 months is unacceptable for a repair. They are following up with Winchester.

At this point in time if anyone asks me about this rifle and recommendations I cannot in good conscience recommend anything from their range.

Awesome rifle in terms of accuracy, poor customer service..

Meanwhile my wife's ruger American shoots well and was half the price.

Really frigging angry right now..

The guy at Lithgow said he was embarrassed to have to tell me this.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by VICHunter » 30 Nov 2015, 12:00 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I wouldn't be rushing out to buy one of these either, I'd rather let the guinea pigs buy em first, find all the probs, let em sort them out then buy the one that works as it should :D

I'm the same.

Always give the first generation stuff a miss.
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 30 Nov 2015, 12:12 pm

Yeah, I have a ruger American cemtrefire. I can truly and honestly say I've been impressed with it. The may had an issue where it would occasionally stovepipe the last round, I phoned the lgs who told me to phone nioa direct, and I had a replacement mag sent to my lgs for a straight swap (albeit slight delay as it was in the next shipment into the country). No biggie, though, and the new mag has been fine without a single ftf to date. This has been the only issue with the rifle and was sorted pretty quickly. Nioa were upfront and tools me they had to wait for the next shipment into the country, so I knew why there was a slight delay. I didn't lose my rifle or use of my rifle at any point. This is what I thought should have been the case with you guys. If there is a delay, at least tell you what they think it is and why there is a delay, or arrange a new rifle. Two weeks isn't toooo bad, but months is unacceptable.

I think I'll cross the lithgow off my list, as if I do have issues, and it needs to be replaced, It would cost me dearly in noting fees
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by rsj223 » 30 Nov 2015, 6:44 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Rsj just got the same waking on a part and no eta, unlikely to be the new year.

Serves me right for buying Australian.

Spoke to the shop that I bought it fromand asked for a replacement or refund as 3 months is unacceptable for a repair. They are following up with Winchester.

At this point in time if anyone asks me about this rifle and recommendations I cannot in good conscience recommend anything from their range.

Awesome rifle in terms of accuracy, poor customer service..

Meanwhile my wife's ruger American shoots well and was half the price.

Really frigging angry right now..

The guy at Lithgow said he was embarrassed to have to tell me this.

Peeeeed off understatement they got us by the nuts, might make another call to consumer affairs.
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Nov 2015, 8:06 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Title

It is the Lithgow Arms LA101 Crossover. First civilian rifle built in Australia since like the 60's.

SGB,

I agree they should just send a magazine to swap out.

Unless it is a new problem with the timber stock version.

Not the first...... theres actually another rifle they currently built for civilian market, a certain 223Rem in semi auto (select fire??).... just not for these civilians...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Nov 2015, 8:08 pm

Title_II wrote:
deanp100 wrote:The safety was able to set the old model 12 's off. Maybe this was included for historical reasons.
Deano

^LOL :D

When I was a kid I had an issue with a .22. We had a house that was not very old, maybe 20 years tops, neighbor built it. A lot of very bad things happened in that house before I ended up there. Somebody hung themself, there was an armed and violent home invasion that I never got the details about (I think it was worse than I was told), and there were spackled up bullet holes/shotgun blasts.

It was a split level ranch. My bedroom was at the far end of the house. Me and a buddy were playing grabass or whatever in my bedroom after school while my parents were at work. Bedroom door was closed. We heard somebody walk up the steps from the lower level, walk down the hall, and stop right on the outside of my bedroom door. My buddy turned as white as a ghost. Not a word was spoken between us. Then he said, "Is that your dad?" or something like that and I said, "No, we would have heard him turn off the alarm." I grabbed the .30-30 and he grabbed the .41 (both over my bed) and we "cleared" the house (didn't know that term back then) fully expecting to blast some people. I didn't want to say it, but my buddy did. "You have a ghost." He was still white as a ghost. I couldn't get him to come to my house for another month or so.

A couple months later, it happened again. Someone walked up the stairs, down the hall, and stopped at my bedroom door. I was alone this time. I grabbed a semi .22 and threw open the door. Nothing. I heard someone in my parent's room across the hall from me, but their door was at the end of the hall so I couldn't see in. This was it, I was going to have to shoot somebody. I pushed the safety to fire and the rifle fired a full-auto burst into the floor (this was a semi). I did not touch the trigger. I was more than a little surprised and the timing was not exactly perfect. I went back to my room and got another gun. Of course, the house was empty.

I never told my parents about this. When you are there, it's one thing, when your kid tells you there was a ghost in the house and he shot up the hallway, it's another. We had no basement (to see beams of light from above) and most of the rounds went into the carpet and where not visible. One round hit the molding but was not apparent unless you looked for it.

That summer I went away for a week or two visiting family. When I came back there was new carpet and the hall was painted. I thought for certain somebody was about to beat my ass so I looked for the hole in the molding. It was spackled. Nobody ever said a word about it and to this day I haven't brought it up.

Hey Title,
You story is really concerning, made the hair on the back of my stand, particularly the part about playing grabass with your buddy :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope the ghosts didnt ruin the mood... :friends: :friends: :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Nov 2015, 8:10 pm

I wonder how widespread these issues are with the la101; seem the intro of the rimfire was possibly premature....at several years late. Maybe the centrefire will be ready early 2017 :unknown:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by rsj223 » 30 Nov 2015, 8:22 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:I wonder how widespread these issues are with the la101; seem the intro of the rimfire was possibly premature....at several years late. Maybe the centrefire will be ready early 2017 :unknown:

I spoke to one girl on there Facebook page and she was sending hers back I gave up asking other people because I think 70% could have problems but thats my guess
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Nov 2015, 8:25 pm

rsj223 wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:I wonder how widespread these issues are with the la101; seem the intro of the rimfire was possibly premature....at several years late. Maybe the centrefire will be ready early 2017 :unknown:

I spoke to one girl on there Facebook page and she was sending hers back I gave up asking other people because I think 70% could have problems but thats my guess

Thats not good at all... does nothing for 'Aussie made' ........darn frenchies
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Korkt » 01 Dec 2015, 10:30 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:I wonder how widespread these issues are with the la101; seem the intro of the rimfire was possibly premature.

It was released "late" wasn't it?
Korkt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by OODAH » 03 Dec 2015, 8:55 am

I spoke to old mate from Ozzie reviews and he honestly loves his and hasn't had any drama's what so ever plus some others. I'm guessing it's luck of the draw but when you talking about a precision instrument it's just not good enough to be having any problems.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.
OODAH
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 03 Dec 2015, 9:55 am

I don't mind it has an issue. Well ok I do. But I get it, things break.

What annoys me is the ohh we know the fix but don't when we will implement it.. So suck it.

No no ACL says,. Repair reasons able timeframe, refund or replace ALL determined by the consumer and not the retailer/manufacturer..

The lack of feedback, the lack of urgency.. Bought rifle 4 months ago..... I won't have it for 3+months for repairs.. It is a $1000 rifle.....
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 03 Dec 2015, 11:39 am

^ i'm in the same boat as you mate, i've ended up asking for mine back the way it was because i'm starting to doubt if i'll ever see it again... gets annoying having to chase up emails after a week of no reply too
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 03 Dec 2015, 11:43 am

Anything mass produced, you expect a certain percentage to have minor issues. Taking months to repair with no update, though, is unacceptable. I would be demanding new replacements given the time it has taken, and ask consumer affairs to enforce them giving you replacements. You have already made all reasonable attempts to deal with the manufacturer directly, but are not being given fair or reasonable responses.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by rsj223 » 03 Dec 2015, 7:10 pm

Korkt wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:I wonder how widespread these issues are with the la101; seem the intro of the rimfire was possibly premature.

It was released "late" wasn't it?

Like to know how long its been out for now over 1 year?
Still no fricken answer
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 04 Dec 2015, 5:48 am

Rsj,

Take it no news for you either?

They are dodging my gun shops calls..

Going to ask for a full refund today. The shop can deal with LA.

In no way I could ever recommend this rifle to anyone.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by rsj223 » 04 Dec 2015, 7:44 am

Wylie27 wrote:Rsj,

Yep same gun shop called no response, I will be sending a email asking for a refund again today, might have to start a group to get the point across.
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by OODAH » 04 Dec 2015, 8:01 am

rsj223 wrote:
Wylie27 wrote:Rsj,

Yep same gun shop called no response, I will be sending a email asking for a refund again today, might have to start a group to get the point across.

Wow this is horrible too hear, hope you guys get an outcome soon, I would be well upset by now.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.
OODAH
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by rsj223 » 04 Dec 2015, 8:09 am

Another email just sent asking for rifle or refund, looks like I will be going to VCAT
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Rocker » 04 Dec 2015, 9:35 am

rsj223 wrote:Another email just sent asking for rifle or refund, looks like I will be going to VCAT

Pain in the ass :thumbsdown:
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Wylie27 » 04 Dec 2015, 9:38 am

Yep they have till today tiger back to me for I go to fair trading in NSW.

Refund alone with additional costs for the new PTA ... That's what I am asking for.

Hell I should be asking for a refund on the scope rings too.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 04 Dec 2015, 11:22 am

Really feel for you guys. Very frustrating when companies screw you around. Very disappointing!!!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Wylie27 » 04 Dec 2015, 1:35 pm

Update, rifle is being returned with an interim fix and the part will be in the new year in which it will return with a quick turn around..

Not the best solution. But it's a solution... I can go bunny busting now over Christmas..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 04 Dec 2015, 5:19 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Update, rifle is being returned with an interim fix and the part will be in the new year in which it will return with a quick turn around..

Not the best solution. But it's a solution... I can go bunny busting now over Christmas..

Same with mine, found out today
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Wylie27 » 04 Dec 2015, 8:04 pm

I put review on their Facebook page today and got a call from it..

Funny public humiliation seems to have spawned this action.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles