Covenater Arms PR-22

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Covenater Arms PR-22

Post by Heckler303 » 29 May 2016, 11:31 am

So I've been reading up on the all the latest news regarding this group called Covenaterarms, who are making a pump action 22LR. Fair to say it's now looking to be a pretty good rifle just from the recent tests and photos.

https://www.facebook.com/covenanterarms/

More info on their website, including photos of the prototype.
http://covenanterarms.com.au/

Should see it run for around 1400-1600 dollars though, which is mildly disappointing, for a lot of us out there, that is a steep price for a .22, when we could just own a 10/22 for about 5 times less of the price (PR-22 takes Ruger rotary mags btw).

You guys got much to say on this new gadget?
Last edited by Heckler303 on 29 May 2016, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Re: Covenater Arms PR-22

Post by Title_II » 29 May 2016, 1:21 pm

Yes I do.

Holy highway robbery, Batman!
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 29 May 2016, 3:12 pm

Estimated retail price is $1694 inc GST or $1958

:shock: ha ha...but it is made from 'aircraft aluminium'..so.... that means you can take it on a plane, right??

I can think of better ways to spend 2Gs on guns... but good on the guys, we need more firearms manufacturing in this land
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Heckler303 » 29 May 2016, 3:21 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
Estimated retail price is $1694 inc GST or $1958

:shock: ha ha...but it is made from 'aircraft aluminium'..so.... that means you can take it on a plane, right??

I can think of better ways to spend 2Gs on guns... but good on the guys, we need more firearms manufacturing in this land

You could spend that money on a ruger precision or a really high-end shotgun.

Personally, I would rather invest in getting a sako 22 or a 17 Hornet for that kind of money
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 29 May 2016, 3:56 pm

Yeah I got something to say, it's butt ugly! sharn't be wasting $1500 for a 22, no matter what brand/type it is and certainly wouldn't drop that sort of coin on one that butt ugly. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by scotty87 » 29 May 2016, 3:57 pm

Honestly, I don't see the appeal in this rifle, it's no substitute for a ruger 10/22 and you would have more fun plinking with a nice lever gun in my opinion.

Edit: I'd be more interested in the platform if it were being developed in centrefire calibres.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 29 May 2016, 4:28 pm

How many toaster settings does it have?
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by brett1868 » 29 May 2016, 4:55 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Yeah I got something to say, it's butt ugly! sharn't be wasting $1500 for a 22, no matter what brand/type it is and certainly wouldn't drop that sort of coin on one that butt ugly. :D

What the Bigfella said although it's more fugly then butt ugly... :D
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 29 May 2016, 5:34 pm

Yeah they have rocks in their head for charging that.

They won't sell many that's for sure
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 29 May 2016, 6:00 pm

I wish they were making a .223 version
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Heckler303 » 29 May 2016, 6:17 pm

scotty87 wrote:Honestly, I don't see the appeal in this rifle, it's no substitute for a ruger 10/22 and you would have more fun plinking with a nice lever gun in my opinion.

Edit: I'd be more interested in the platform if it were being developed in centrefire calibres.

Yeah me too. If it was in .223 as mention before It might be a decent investment, but seriously way too steep. I'd take a Henry Golden Boy over this thing anyday.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by AusTac » 29 May 2016, 10:15 pm

Seems kinda useless in this market, id assume its on a standard cat A license?

$1500 is a good .22 bolt action with all the gucci gear be, hard to justify for a .22

But all the power to another aussie f/a manufacturer
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Supaduke » 30 May 2016, 6:05 pm

A few things. The retail version will be available with a black receiver. It will also have fittings to make it compatible with rem870 for ends. The market for these things is already established. It's the same blokes that buy 7600/7615's and tart them up. With the added bonus of being able to interchange some furniture. A .22 that you can accessorise with AR furniture. Rem870 forend so you can have picatinny rails out the wazoo for various lasers, torches etc. I like (and own) levers and bolt actions but how many bolt action .22s do you need. A lot of guys are looking for something different. I'm not sure if I would buy one but there is definitely a market for these things. As far as comparing it to a 10/22 that's just a moot point, most of us can't have one. A straight pull PWS in a chassis for AR furniture will run you similar money. The round pump fixture is imho weird, but with a more traditional style forend, black receiver and some nice AR furniture I think these woul look pretty trick. I love blued steel and timber as much as the next guy but I think we need to open our minds here a bit.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by GLS_1956 » 30 May 2016, 6:30 pm

I have a soft spot in my heart for pump 22s. first rifle I ever shot was a Winchester pump 22, Model 61. First retail rifle purchase was a Browning, not FN. pump 22 the BPR-22. When I get dollars ahead I will get Henry's pump 22 and I'd like Remington's as well.

So for me this gun has interest. Which I why I'd suggest they do their best to, in addition to making and selling in Australia, export the gun to the USA. This would of course have the added bonus of the maker being able to show how the "Gun Business" is bringing dollars into your country.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by chacka » 08 Jun 2016, 9:25 am

All that tubing making up the pump makes it look odd as :huh:
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by WatchyShooter » 25 Jun 2017, 1:56 pm

Really excited to see this fully developed, that 360 degree video to there FB showing both off is very nice.

Id like to see people pick these up and have them reinvest into scaling it up to CF and then the 7600/7615 would have some real competition
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Chronos » 25 Jun 2017, 2:48 pm

That CZ mag in an AR magwell is a dogs breakfast but I understand why mall ninjas might like i, all those points to attatch lasers and such :lol:

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles