.177 vs .22 Air Rifle recommendations

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: .177 vs .22 Air Rifle recommendations

Post by Supaduke » 04 Aug 2016, 11:07 pm

Whatever mount you get, just make sure it's an air rifle specific mount with a recoil lug.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Aug 2016, 11:43 pm

Weirauch HW 77 or 97 get my vote.
Very high quality.

My .22 HW97k was an absolute tack driver.

I bought .22 ammo in bulk. 10 tins at a time once I worked out what it liked to shoot.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by NuZo » 05 Aug 2016, 8:05 am

To the guys saying .22 is not as accurate as .177, that's a load of crap.

Anyways, I have a Stoeger x10 in 177. It's a good gun but the trigger is horrible.

177 or 22, both have their pros and cons. If i was hunting more with the airgun I probably would have got a 22. Either way you'll love it!

Be aware that when buying new the guns will have a dieseling period where the oil in the air chamber will ignite. This will cause a loud crack when firing. This goes away after 300-500 shots. you speeds will drop back down into its normal range and that's when you're gun will be "run in".

Cheers,

Nuzo
Subscribe to Australian Shooting Channel on Youtube! - https://www.youtube.com/c/AustralianShootingChannel
Like Australian Shooting Channel on Facebook! - https://www.facebook.com/AustralianShootingChannel
NuZo
Private
Private

-

Post by Grylls » 05 Aug 2016, 11:15 am

I'm terrible at over thinking things hence starting a post of a forum to choose a air rifle haha. I just feel like when you're new to something it's better to ask around on a forum where everyone isn't trying to sell you something.
Grylls
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles