Norinco Rifles

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Norinco Rifles

Post by bladeracer » 01 Sep 2016, 8:14 am

sandgroperbill wrote:Oh, a lot of single shots were produced around that era, so just remember to check its not a ss you're looking at. (I know, stating the obvious, but better not to assume)

Some are single-shot versions of repeaters and easily converted.
I put a US Army 513 stock and magazine catch on my father-in-law's Remington 510 and turned it into a ten-shot repeater.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 01 Sep 2016, 8:21 am

Get one, they are cool and you can fix a standard 98 bayonet to it. It's one of my favourites , despite its initial roughness.

image.jpeg
JW-25 with bayonet
image.jpeg (870.14 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 01 Sep 2016, 9:19 am

bladeracer wrote:
bentaz wrote:Also don't be put off the idea of an older second hand .22, my neighbour bought an old BSA sportsman 5 for $50 which will out shoot any of the new guns that will come up new in your budget.
http://m.usedguns.com.au/Product_Desc.aspx?Pid=83943

I've got a 1950 BSA Sportsman Five as well and it shoots great, more accurate than my Ruger American Rimfire.
I'd prefer a shorter barrel and some means of mounting a scope, but it belonged to my father-in-law's brother-in-law.

I also have a 1930's Cooey Ace that belonged to the father of the husband of my father-in-law's niece :-)
And I have my father-in-law's 1940 Remington 510 he got on his 14th birthday.

So... You have a bunch of old guns that used to belong to people you never met and one that belonged to your gf's dad. Cool! :P
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bladeracer » 01 Sep 2016, 9:58 am

Gwion wrote:
bladeracer wrote:I've got a 1950 BSA Sportsman Five as well and it shoots great, more accurate than my Ruger American Rimfire.
I'd prefer a shorter barrel and some means of mounting a scope, but it belonged to my father-in-law's brother-in-law.

I also have a 1930's Cooey Ace that belonged to the father of the husband of my father-in-law's niece :-)
And I have my father-in-law's 1940 Remington 510 he got on his 14th birthday.

So... You have a bunch of old guns that used to belong to people you never met and one that belonged to your gf's dad. Cool! :P

Yep, just trying to keep them in the family :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Flyer » 09 Sep 2016, 6:34 pm

Shot a Norinco JW21 .22 lever action (Winchester 9422 Legacy copy) the other day and it was great! First time I'd picked it up and hit 22 silhouettes (two rams @ 100m didn't go down). The bloke I was sharing the rifle with hit 23 (again, two rams didn't go down). After my first shot over the turkeys @ 75m, I knocked the next four down - bloody accurate little rifle for open sights (no peeps) shooting T22 ammo.

Dunno if I would buy a CZ copy when you can get a second-hand 452 etc for $500, but I'd definitely buy a Norinco lever-action. Especially as the real thing (Winnie 9422) is so hard to find.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles