Marlin XT 22 TSR stainless, a good buy?

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Marlin XT 22 TSR stainless, a good buy?

Post by Nalla Rehctelf » 14 Sep 2016, 7:54 pm

I am interested in buying a stainless Marlin XT 22 TSR.
I like that it is in stainless and it’s like the old .22 Remington my father had.
If so what does it shoot like? Say at 50m or 80m?
Nalla Rehctelf
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Marlin XT 22 TSR stainless, a good buy?

Post by scotty87 » 15 Sep 2016, 5:10 am

Is that the tube magazine version? My first gun was just the standard blued xt 22 and it was a good shooter, not picky at all used to shoot the CCI standards the best. On My rifle I had a few failure to fires with thicker rimmed ammo and I end up buying a replacement stiffer Bolt spring from the states but never got round to installing it.

Only complaint about them really is they have no character, and look a bit cheap, the savage rimfires are a much more solid rifle.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Nalla Rehctelf » 15 Sep 2016, 7:00 pm

Yep with tube magazine, its like the 1930 type Remington but new and in stainless. thought it may a good hard wearing / knock about gun.
Nalla Rehctelf
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by scotty87 » 16 Sep 2016, 5:25 am

Nalla Rehctelf wrote:Yep with tube magazine, its like the 1930 type Remington but new and in stainless. thought it may a good hard wearing / knock about gun.

Should be good for that, if you do get one I still have those springs, save you getting one from the states if yours had any issues.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Nalla Rehctelf » 05 Oct 2016, 8:21 pm

Melbourne Firearms have one of the Marlin XT 22 TSR stainless (Tube mag 22 rifles) in stock for $550.00.  I would expect that there would have been a few more sold and there would be some substantive review of the Marlin XT 22 TSR stainless  .
Nalla Rehctelf
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles