dismantling lithgow .22 model 12 bolt

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

dismantling lithgow .22 model 12 bolt

Post by clark52 » 14 Dec 2016, 3:56 pm

Can anyone tell me how to get the bolt apart from a Lithgow Model 12 .22 repeater please, Thanks
clark52
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: dismantling lithgow .22 model 12 bolt

Post by deanp100 » 14 Dec 2016, 7:30 pm

There is a small flush pin at the rear of the bolt that needs to be pushed out and then the rear of the bolt can be removed. The slot at the back is not for a screwdriver but I will guarantee it will have burrs on it from someone trying. Why do you want to dismantle? I good wash in a solvent will remove most problems.

Cheers
Deano
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by clark52 » 15 Dec 2016, 11:20 am

Thanks Deano, The trouble with the flush pin you mention is that its a blind hole in the cocking piece, if that what the rear sleeve is, with no way to punch it out and it wont go any further in, do I drill a hole in the other side to access the other end of the pin?, sounding like the only option. Yes, I tried a screwdriver in the slot like previous owners have and because of the burrs left I thought that was the way into it too but gave up on that on the second attempt. As to why, have thought about tricking it up a bit for a while now and tightening up the head space by building up the bolt handle lug by about 10 thou, thats my own reckoning on what that needs and give the sear a good polish up to smooth the trigger release out but I'm stumped before getting started. All of this pretty much just because my single shot Lithgow is a tighter shooter with a 2X lower scope and lighter profile barrel and it annoys me, Much Appreciated, Regards. clark
clark52
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by deanp100 » 15 Dec 2016, 3:25 pm

Clark , Google Winchester 69a bolt disassembly . Look in images and there is one from rimfire Central that shows the pin going in onside and out the other. The Lithgow and Winchester 69a is the same rifle. There are also YouTube videos.

Cheers
Deano
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 15 Dec 2016, 3:33 pm

Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deanp100 » 15 Dec 2016, 3:40 pm

Yep, you want to punch out part 15. Thanks bladeracer.
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by clark52 » 15 Dec 2016, 10:38 pm

Thanks for all the help with this Deano and Bladerunner, have got all I need to get on with it now, had no idea they were Winchester rifles as well, with pictures and spare parts, gotta say I'm impressed, Very Much Appreciate Your Input, Regards. clark
clark52
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by deanp100 » 16 Dec 2016, 7:02 am

Lionel bibby was working for Winchester at the time as a trick shooter and then came back to Australia with a great idea for some rifle designs. They are identical except for the magazine release button. The yanks made theirs a decade or so earlier.
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 16 Dec 2016, 9:55 am

clark52 wrote:Thanks for all the help with this Deano and Bladerunner, have got all I need to get on with it now, had no idea they were Winchester rifles as well, with pictures and spare parts, gotta say I'm impressed, Very Much Appreciate Your Input, Regards. clark

I knew about the Lithgow single-shots but it didn't occur me this might be as well.
Numrich are great, lots of stuff and great pricing.
Shipping is expensive so make a list and order everything at once if you can.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles