Custom Norinco JW-15 stock

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Custom Norinco JW-15 stock

Post by Heckler303 » 27 Dec 2016, 1:24 pm

Big thanks to Mr. Cameron Hatcher of Thatcher's stocks for making this for me, you've done a great job getting it suited spot on to suit me, in just about every way possible.

If anyone in Australia is interested in upgrading their Norinco (Or puma, if you may call it) from that cheap, ugly polymer stock into something a little prettier, I think a phone call to Hatcher's stocks is the way to go. This is just the product semi finished, with a little bit of light sanding before photographing:

The inletting will need a minor bit of working to get the action + barrel to fit, but it's definitely going to be a great fit at that.

The stock itself is made from X grade English Walnut, while there are definitely prettier options than this out there, wetting the surface with a bit of water brought out some purdy strip patterning which only come up with the stock tiled in the right angle in the sunlight. I'll continue work on this one and then post pictures as I go along.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Re: Custom Norinco JW-15 stock

Post by Supaduke » 27 Dec 2016, 3:50 pm

Looks good. Making me think I should restock my Jw-25 chauser. The mystery wood on it at the moment is almost soft as pine.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 27 Dec 2016, 6:47 pm

I'm interested. Have been searching the interweb to see what is available for the 16" barrel JW15 in way of timber stocks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the Hatcher's the Geoff Slee design?
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Heckler303 » 28 Dec 2016, 1:58 pm

happyhunter wrote:I'm interested. Have been searching the interweb to see what is available for the 16" barrel JW15 in way of timber stocks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the Hatcher's the Geoff Slee design?

Indeed they are Happyhunter, this stock will actually fit the 16" carbine version all the way up to the muzzle if I'm not mistaken. So you can get almost a full wood rifle. Personally I prefer shorter sporterised stocks, means there's less chance of having stock-barrel contact, but this fits the bill really well in the 21" variant.

Here's the link to hatcher's website you to take a look at, and for others if they're interested in purdy-ing up their little china-man:

http://hatchersriflestocks.com.au/norinco-22.html
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by bronco93 » 13 Jan 2019, 4:25 pm

Post os a bit old. But I just ordwred a hatcher stock. Just curious as to how you finished the stock heckler? Cheers
Dozen 22lr .22WMR .22WRF .22hornet .223 .310 .303 .243 .30-30 20g 12g .410 32-20 .357 and a couple .58 muzzle loaders
bronco93
Private
Private

Queensland

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles