Baikal Toz17 .22 Rifle.

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Baikal Toz17 .22 Rifle.

Post by Stirlo » 07 Mar 2017, 7:46 am

Hey guys,

Just brought one of these Baikal Toz17 .22 Rifles from my local gun dealer. Was wondering if anyone has any information on them. As can't find much through google.

Cheers
Stirlo
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Baikal Toz17 .22 Rifle.

Post by Sydor » 07 Mar 2017, 5:07 pm

You need to go to Yandex.ru for it :-)
Simple rifle. I used it when we have basic military training at school.
Check the barrel as it might be quite used.
Sydor
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 07 Mar 2017, 6:42 pm

My old man once told me that before they let them have AKs, they were taughed to shoot with Toz.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Sydor » 07 Mar 2017, 8:21 pm

Yep. Last two year at school we had basic military training. It included crappy staff like marching, learning regulations by heart, and digging fox holes.
And fun parts - shooting 22LR in the basement 25m range, learning to disassemble and assemble AKM, learning tactics of an infantry squad (Soviet and NATO), throwing mock up grenades.
Girls got some basic first aid training, and boys went to military range to shoot 3 cartridges each from AKM.
And before anyone got too excited - that followed up with two years national service in not so pleasant and healthy environment.
Sydor
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 09 Mar 2017, 5:23 am

G'day Stirlo,
What do you need to know? They are a basic hunting rifle with good accuracy made at the Tula plant. The bore will almost never wear out as they were anodized, mine is 46 years old and has shot tens of thousands of rounds with no loss of accuracy. DON'T LOSE THE MAGAZINE!!!!!!! Tula made 1 mag for each rifle, and the magazine is now worth the same as, or a bit more than, the rifle itself, though I have heard that a Mossberg 702 mag can be modified to fit, as could an H&R 65 but I have not tried either of these. Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Stirlo » 09 Mar 2017, 6:19 am

No1Mk3 wrote:G'day Stirlo,
What do you need to know? They are a basic hunting rifle with good accuracy made at the Tula plant. The bore will almost never wear out as they were anodized, mine is 46 years old and has shot tens of thousands of rounds with no loss of accuracy. DON'T LOSE THE MAGAZINE!!!!!!! Tula made 1 mag for each rifle, and the magazine is now worth the same as, or a bit more than, the rifle itself, though I have heard that a Mossberg 702 mag can be modified to fit, as could an H&R 65 but I have not tried either of these. Cheers.

Rippa cheers mate! Not really sure what I was expecting to find out. Just any should know/interesting information regarding the rifle :) I have heard the magazines aren't easy to come by.
Stirlo
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles