Cheap .22 options

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Cheap .22 options

Post by Oldbloke » 02 May 2017, 6:32 pm

Buying a 22 is no different to anything. Depends on budget, the amount and type of use.
If it's just for pointing or the odd rabbiting trip $450 should be plenty. If you shoot a lot or into comps $1000 would be closer to the mark
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by 308cool » 02 May 2017, 6:53 pm

Sorry I should of stated.
This will probably be used about 80% range (not comp, but to get my attendances/use between centrefires cooling etc) and 20% hunting. However I'd still definitely be looking for a hunting orientated setup, i.e no bull barrel etc
- Browing X-Bolt .25-06 / Meopta Meopro 4-12x50
308cool
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 02 May 2017, 7:10 pm

308cool wrote:Sorry I should of stated.
This will probably be used about 80% range (not comp, but to get my attendances/use between centrefires cooling etc) and 20% hunting. However I'd still definitely be looking for a hunting orientated setup, i.e no bull barrel etc

You sound keen, and if your a young bloke consider paying a bit more. That new cz for about $550 sounded very good value.

I bought my Brno 38 years ago and never regretted it.

My arse went into convulsions at the time. ($135) :lol:
Last edited by Oldbloke on 02 May 2017, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 02 May 2017, 7:24 pm

Model 2's / 452's do turn up cheaply on occasion. I bought an early 1970's one with nice wood for around $500 last year and its one I'm never planning on parting with.
Maybe contact the member who made you the offer and see if he's willing to take a deposit while your PTA comes through, might be long enough to get another couple of hundred together.
If you just want a fairly accurate hunting rifle in your budget the 1970's and 80's Baikals / Toz's are normally pretty good shooters, just make sure you get at least one magazine with it (preferably 2 or more).
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by 2jzzzz » 16 May 2017, 8:34 pm

vmaxaust wrote:So with a budget of probably only about $300-$350 before I start skipping dinners and lunchs to save money, would anyone be able to recommend a model of .22 that has decent accuracy. I don't really care about looks, but want an accurate gun that isn't a single shot as I will also do quite a bit of hunting with it. I've seen a few .22's in my price range on used gun site's but not sure which ones will be accurate, or a made of good enough quality that they will work for me now and the next couple of years.

TL;DR - Looking at options for a .22 model priced between $300-350 that is accurate, not single shot and would be reliable (don't care about looks).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if this is an unreasonable proposal given my budget as well.
Cheers

Saw your post just this evening. Perhaps I have something you may be interested in. I was just going to post a 22LR CZ452, bolt action, wood stock rifle on the gun sale sites. It may be something you want to consider. I bought the rifle brand new for my daughter to use but like her older brother they used it firing a total of 300-400 rounds and it has not been touched for more than 18 months. It has open sights (no scope) for training my kids with regular sights. They come with a 5 round mag and I bought an extra one. Bought the rifle new in August 2015 for $870.00 plus the cost of the extra magazine.

Rifle looks like the day it was made. Would like to get $500.00
There is a good review of these here...
http://gunreviews.com.au/cz-452-rimfire/

Sam[/quote]

Hi Sam,

if you are still looking to sell, I'm interested. I'm brand new and my PTA is still on it's way (1st time, cooling off period. Let me know.
2jzzzz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles