Need Input - 22 LR \ WMR Revolver Combo

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Need Input - 22 LR \ WMR Revolver Combo

Post by Eduardo » 24 Dec 2013, 10:48 am

This is the process for each pistol purchase, each has to be individually reviewed and approved by a judge and each pistol must be listed on your permit. So, you don't have a blanket permit to own handguns, you have a permit to own the specific handguns listed on your permit. If you're found with a handgun not listed on your permit, you get arrested.

The process to obtain the initial permit is much longer and far more difficult (averages about 11 months in my State\County, but I've heard stories of 14+ months).

Rifles are much easier, basically remove steps 4-9.

Ariat wrote:Just for curiosity, Eduardo.

Is all that process because this is your first pistol?

Are future purchases quicker or do you repeat this every time in your state?
A volatile mixture of implacable OCD and vexatiuous ADD.
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by sneaker » 24 Dec 2013, 2:00 pm

Eduardo wrote:If you're found with a handgun not listed on your permit, you get arrested.

Is that a lose your license/all your guns type event?
sneaker
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Monty » 24 Dec 2013, 2:49 pm

sneaker wrote:Is that a lose your license/all your guns type event?

I believe any felony conviction in the US stops you owning a firearm.

I think it's probably a safe bet that unlawful possession of a firearm is a felony over there.
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Post by Eduardo » 24 Dec 2013, 11:55 pm

Yeah, like Monty said. Unlawful possession of a firearm is a felony and will very likely lead to confiscation of your firearms. Perhaps not if you lawyer up real well but that would be a stretch.

sneaker wrote:
Eduardo wrote:If you're found with a handgun not listed on your permit, you get arrested.

Is that a lose your license/all your guns type event?
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by sneaker » 26 Dec 2013, 9:04 pm

Cool, thanks.
sneaker
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Eduardo » 18 Feb 2014, 1:33 pm

My Ruger Single Six Convertible is finally home, safe and sound. Once I picked it up I was shooting it within the hour. I quickly found out it did not come sighted in from the factory, but once I got it dialed in, it was a load of fun.
I was surprised by the 22WMR as this was my first time shooting that round. Nice crack to it. I can see why people use it as a self defense round in guns like the Ruger LCR. It's also pretty accurate from what I can see thus far. I didn't shoot much because it started to rain but I probably got off 70 rounds or so between 22LR and 22WMR. The long barrel and easy trigger makes for some good shooting.
When I got back I changed out the stock grips to the Hogue grips I brought for it weeks prior. They provide an immediate gain in feel. Sure, they're ugly but I'm looking for function plus I'll have pristine stick grips sitting safely in my den.
Fit and finish is heirloom quality. This gun will outlive me by a good margin I suspect. Trigger is great, don't see needing to do much to it at this point. I shot <1" groups at 15' without trying too hard.
Gripes?
I can't say I'm a big fan of the load gate and the fact that I have to extract each shell one by one but at least it'll help me pace myself. I shot it today just walking around without a table or place to hold things and found that I would have benefited from an extra hand or two. Having to open the load gate, feed each round, rotate the cylinder all while holding gun still takes some dexterity. Also changing the cylinder on the go takes some time. I'm sure I'll get better at it but I am giving my first impression.
But I did not buy this gun for it's ease of use. I brought it because of it's undeniable cool factor combined with it's flexibility. So far so good, mission thus far accomplished.

Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by sha » 18 Feb 2014, 1:55 pm

That's purty :D

Looks like a catalogue shot on that red carpet :lol:
Savage Axis The Definition of Accuracy

Savage 93 .22 WMR
Savage 93R17 .17 HMR
Savage 110FP .308 WIN