Newbie seeking advice on .22 LR rifle for Hunter(Light) BR

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Newbie seeking advice on .22 LR rifle for Hunter(Light)

Post by RajN » 03 Jul 2017, 8:34 am

Strikey wrote:Our club is hosting the Hunter Nationals later this year, a few of us are sorting Anschutz 64 MSR's to make weight and Sako P94's if you can find one are worth looking at :thumbsup:

Interestingly one of the club shooters also recommended the Sako P94s. Apparently it's hot commodity at the moment. Any ideas on it's availability and price?
RajN
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by RajN » 03 Jul 2017, 8:43 am

Gwion wrote:Raj, I wouldn't expect the 'bench rest' accuracy from any synthetic stock. I can't recommend a smith in Sydney but I can pm you a smith in Tas who does excellent work and it is quite affordable to post to him from your local dealer. It wouldn't hurt to send an email and ask for weight shaving advice if you are keen to explore the Lithgow option further.

Gwion,
I went to the LGS with luggage scales and weighed the LA101s and your were spot on with their weight.
Could you please PM me the gunsmith's details? Would like to get an idea on the costs involved.
Thanks.
RajN
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by d3driver » 03 Jul 2017, 11:02 am

RajN wrote:Interestingly one of the club shooters also recommended the Sako P94s. Apparently it's hot commodity at the moment. Any ideas on it's availability and price?

The P94S stopped production "around" 2005. Hard to get a hold of and very expensive especially in Australia. I'm very glad to be getting mine back in about 3 weeks :thumbsup:
Currently:
Weatherby VG S2 in .223 in Boyds Thumbhole, Leupold VX3 3.5-10x50
Sako Finnfire Hunter .22, Leupold Vari-X II 3-9x40 (my old .22 bought back)
d3driver
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by ClaytonT88 » 01 Oct 2018, 7:59 am

Bump. Interested to see how RajN went with his search and subsequent competitions?
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles