VUDOO Rim Fires

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

VUDOO Rim Fires

Post by allan » 12 Dec 2017, 6:40 pm

I've been following the development of these for a while. Not quite my style but a very interesting 22 nonetheless:[
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Re: VUDOO Rim Fires

Post by juststarting » 12 Dec 2017, 6:41 pm

What makes it interesting?
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by allan » 12 Dec 2017, 6:45 pm

From my point of view, the action for starters..........A little more substantial and better engineered than your average Savage or Marlin!
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by juststarting » 12 Dec 2017, 6:50 pm

I spy a cap on the end of the barrel... Silencer would complement it, so, so much :'(
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 12 Dec 2017, 6:53 pm

It sure is a beefy action looks really well made. I am surprised it is not in a target rifle configuration. Rather they are trying to copy a tactical rifle, note the much longer mag than needed just for looks. The threaded barrel although that could be for a tuner.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by No1Mk3 » 12 Dec 2017, 6:55 pm

That is a very substantial action and barrel, in an AI chassis, with an integral rail. A competitive small bore, but at what price? I believe the action alone is over $1300. What sits in that pic must push $4500.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 12 Dec 2017, 6:59 pm

Thats pretty cheap for a custom action like that. Most custom center fire actions are in the $2000 range, add a $1000 for the barrel and that stock is close to $2000 I believe (could be wrong on that one) and another $2700 for the scope. they should have put the BR scope on its a bit cheaper and better not as robust or taticool though.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by YoungBuck » 13 Dec 2017, 11:41 am

Looks a bit over engineered for a .22lr...
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 13 Dec 2017, 12:10 pm

No such thing as over engineering anything :) bigger, better, stronger its all good ;)
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by YoungBuck » 13 Dec 2017, 12:19 pm

Look at the size of the magazine! It's clearly supposed to be for centrefire.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 13 Dec 2017, 12:27 pm

Gota put your salesman hat on. The magazine is a good size for easy handling and manipulation in your hand. no small fiddley components easy to grasp, positive engagement in the rifle.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by marksman » 13 Dec 2017, 12:43 pm

sungazer wrote:No such thing as over engineering anything :) bigger, better, stronger its all good ;)

they look very well made :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by AusTac » 13 Dec 2017, 12:44 pm

Certainly looks the business, also looks heavy AF
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Archie » 13 Dec 2017, 3:23 pm

Looks great if you want to do a remake of American Sniper but with rabbits and at 75 yards.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by sungazer » 13 Dec 2017, 3:29 pm

I think you have to disregard the stock and consider it as an Action only purchase, if you were serious. Then put the barrel of your choice on it and stock to fit purpose. I was only joking with the above comments, But if it were available in Aus I think some of the small bore guys would give it a go as apposed to the Annie 54 actions. Just because there really isnt a lot of other actions in the smallbore field. (That I know of and I know nothing about smallbore)
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Wombat » 13 Dec 2017, 4:49 pm

YoungBuck wrote:Look at the size of the magazine! It's clearly supposed to be for centrefire.

Apparently its so you can use Rem 700 compatible furniture without a huge gap.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by allan » 06 Aug 2021, 2:40 pm

Been a long time since I started this thread but I finally collected my Vudoo recently. This style of rifle is not normally my "thing" but after using the Bergara for a while, I was convinced the Remington 700 foot print in a 22LR had a lot to offer.

I've only shot this rifle a few times and the weather hasn't been kind but this gun will be a great shooter, is very well designed and built and overall function is as good as it gets straight out of the carton.

allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by Wm.Traynor » 06 Aug 2021, 3:07 pm

Lovely groups allan :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 06 Aug 2021, 3:26 pm

That is some fine shooting Allan I gather you still have your la101 as well be interesting to see where the voodoo stacks up .
By the look of those groups I think it may end up bettering your Lithgow.
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Aug 2021, 4:53 pm

Look g rouse to me.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Larry » 06 Aug 2021, 5:29 pm

Images of the rifle are no longer showing could you please re post some images. Perhaps of the rifle you have.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by InisBineest » 06 Aug 2021, 6:38 pm

I think there are some that might misunderstand the Vudoo's place in the market. It is primarily marketed to PRS shooters as a trainer type rifle. One that emulates the feel of a centerfire in all its dimensions, all except recoil that is. They can be swapped in and out of most Rem 700 stocks and chassis too, or they can wear the same one as whatever your main rifle is. 22 is cheap and accurate (especially out of this thing) and so is more economical to run for training than blowing carefully made handloads out of your fullbore, and you can get good practise without needing a 1000m range.

Yes it's a bit tacticooly, but you could drop it into any walnut stick with an AICS bottom metal for a more traditional look. And although the mags look goofy, you'll never have trouble fiddling around to load one in when they are that big;)

They might not be everyone's piece of cake, but mate, what a precise bit of kit they are even if you don't like the look.

And alas, no, I don't have one, but I have it's cheaper cousin the B-14R and even that is amazing. It out shoots any 22 sub $2000 that I've ever used, and Ive used a few!
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by allan » 06 Aug 2021, 9:18 pm

Larry...The images I posted when I started this thread were the first I'd seen following the release of the V22 in 2017. Several thousand of these rifles have been produced since then, including the new 360 (3 lug 60 degree bolt lift).

deye243...Yes, I've got a couple of builds here which I'm sure will be a match for the Bartlein on this V22 - The LA101/Maddco will be competitive for sure but the Anschutz 1761/Trueflite and the Weihrauch/Benchmark will be right there too. All these took a lot of time and effort to assemble and tune whereas the Vudoo was good to go as received!

allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by Bill » 06 Aug 2021, 9:38 pm

Sure is a pretty thing Allan, seems to be pretty consistent with group size, did you notice any improvement in performance when you changed from the Stac to NF ??
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by allan » 06 Aug 2021, 9:58 pm

Bill..That stainless V22/Nightforce is the Vudoo test rig in USA - Mine is the black barrelled action with the STAC - And I've got to say, for the cost, the Sightron is a lot of scope for the $$ spent. I've only used these scopes on rim fire but they do everything I want at this point. Not sure how they will perform in the long term but so far, the tracking is very consistent and the glass is adequate for my "old" eyes!
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by Bill » 06 Aug 2021, 11:14 pm

Cheers Allan, Im also an STAC fan, I run a 4-16 at the range on my 6mm and it sure does do the job :thumbsup:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by allan » 01 Sep 2021, 2:58 pm

Just an accuracy up-date on these for anyone interested. Here's a couple of targets shot this week.
50 rounds of Pistol Match Special through the Bergara with a freshly cleaned bore & 100 rounds of PMS & LR through the Vudoo - 50 metres outdoors - circles are 1/2" O.D.
At half the cost of the Vudoo, the Bergara doesn't give much away in accuracy and nothing away in function to the former!

allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by allan » 19 Dec 2021, 3:03 pm

Well, maybe it would have been cheaper to stay away from these 700 foot print 22's. I bought a B14R to see what the fuss was about. Really like that gun so I ordered a Gen 2 Two Lug Vudoo. My wife promptly claimed that :(
I've recently set this one up - It's the Vudoo 360 Three Lug 60 degree bolt lift. It's early days yet but it looks like it will be a shooter and the overall function is excellent as received.

allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by deye243 » 19 Dec 2021, 3:50 pm

Very nice Allen and just the ticket for PRS Rimfire
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by SAnewb85 » 17 Mar 2022, 9:27 pm

The vudoo is an engineering masterpiece.
They came out with the first rem700 platform rimfire, the big aics pattern mags and such.
I have personally spoken to the ceo and product engineer behind the product and to say that he lives and breathes all things rimfire is a massive understatement.

These things are extremely over built for a 22lr, but that is what makes them incredible for thr rimfire prs and nrl22 competitions that are growing like crazy all over the world, including Australia. They're built like tanks, they don't mind being bashed and crashed against barricades and such, but they're also precisely accurate and have been partially responsible for the growth of both prs/nrl22 and rimefire ELR.
Mine regularly shoots .25-.35in groups at 50yds, .8-1.1in at 100yds and I regularly shoot 10/10 on a 4in gong at 300yds.
Im planning to shoot much much further when I have an appropriate optic and the space to shoot past 500yds.

These things aren't your grandfathers 50-100yd bunny gun and obviously they aren't for everyone, but if you have the coin and you like accuracy and quality engineering, they might be worth a look.

Im more than happy to provide a link to the American forum where vudoo was launched, there's 200 pages of information, reviews, user feedback and product development info from the guy who created the product.
Attachments
20220207_113156.jpg
Vudoo 360 v22
20220207_113156.jpg (688.36 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
SAnewb85
Private
Private

South Australia

Next

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles