CZ supply, import, waiting times???

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

CZ supply, import, waiting times???

Post by dirtjay » 19 Dec 2017, 9:10 pm

Hi guys,

Hoping some of the more experienced members can explain this to me.
I have tried to get my hands on a CZ 455, synthetic, stainless, .22lr
The couple of dealers I have spoken with have said they are on order, and ‘possibly’ in transit (shipping)
And have revealed how many they will receive, and how many have been paid for already.
Arrival estimates are Feb 2018 - Dec 2018 ???
No one can confirm a delivery date at all, and will only take a full payment to confirm a possibility of getting one.
Customs closed on the 15 dec, and Winchester reopen on the 15 jan, so no chance before feb at best.
CZ apparently only release shipments every quarter, and dealers submit their request for how many they would like, and then they are advised how many they will get.
I’m not real keen to pay the $700 odd to wait for a call sometime next year.
Does anyone have the contacts or knowledge to confirm this at all?
Is this a normal practice for new firearms?

Any help appreciated
Thanks guys
Jay
dirtjay
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: CZ supply, import, waiting times???

Post by SomeoneElse » 19 Dec 2017, 9:53 pm

Sounds about right. I ordered a new Browning X-bolt - it took 8 months to arrive after I placed my order. (Winchester Aust import both Browning & CZ, though I don't know if they have exclusive import rights.) There were at least 12 other Brownings on back order before me. Apparently Winchester wait until there is "a pallet full" of back orders before importing them. I got the impression this was on a per-manufacturer basis too, as opposed to a pallet of mixed manufacturers. Makes sense, since it's probably coming straight from the respective factories. I dunno how many it takes to make a "full pallet".

SomeoneElse
SomeoneElse
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by bladeracer » 19 Dec 2017, 11:00 pm

When I was looking for my Ruger American Rimfire Compact the importer had none left. I didn't ask about the wait time but I sent off a bunch of emails to shops around Oz hoping to find one on the shelf. A dealer contacted me saying he had two, both .22LR. I paid more for it than if they'd been readily available but at least I found one.

I think it is normal practice if you want to pay retail for it to wait for one of the regular import containers. If you're happy to pay for the cost of bringing in one rifle then you could ask the importer or maybe a big dealer to order you one. Or put in a B709 to Police and import one yourself.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Cooper » 20 Dec 2017, 7:34 am

I've seen the adds for the stainless CZs in the magazines. When I bought my CZ455 (3 barrel set) one dealer told me that there were 200 on back order. Said he logged in to Importers site. Went to another dealer and they had one on the shelf. Also sold it to me a for a good price. Maybe there are no stainless yet. But I'd keep checking places. Good luck getting a straight answer from some dealers (importers)
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by dirtjay » 20 Dec 2017, 12:37 pm

So here is a little more info i found out today.
Winchester have a back order of 268 of CZ 455 synthetic, stainless 22.
but there is only 199 in the current shipment to Australia.
So 69 orders will not be filled until the next shipment from the next quarterly dispatch from CZ, possibly in Aug 2018.
WOW!!!
I had to pay the full price to get on the back order list.
I was advised not to put in a PTA for this until 3 months after the order, as the PTA could expire before the gun arrives.
What a system.
Thanks for the info to above posts and thanks for listening.
dirtjay
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 20 Dec 2017, 12:49 pm

I would buy something else for now while you wait, you may well find something that you enjoy even more than if you'd bought the CZ SS.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 20 Dec 2017, 9:01 pm

dirtjay wrote:So here is a little more info i found out today.
Winchester have a back order of 268 of CZ 455 synthetic, stainless 22.
but there is only 199 in the current shipment to Australia.
So 69 orders will not be filled until the next shipment from the next quarterly dispatch from CZ, possibly in Aug 2018.
WOW!!!
I had to pay the full price to get on the back order list.
I was advised not to put in a PTA for this until 3 months after the order, as the PTA could expire before the gun arrives.
What a system.
Thanks for the info to above posts and thanks for listening.

This is one of the main reasons I only shop for second hand rifles!! :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 21 Dec 2017, 4:00 pm

Anyone got a CZ 550 or 557 yet?
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 21 Dec 2017, 4:19 pm

Yep, I believe that. I was interested in a rifle, none in stock and was quoted 9 months delivery. Quicker to order a baby! :lol: :lol:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Corn » 21 Dec 2017, 8:35 pm

RoginaJack wrote:Yep, I believe that. I was interested in a rifle, none in stock and was quoted 9 months delivery. Quicker to order a baby! :lol: :lol:

True, but it’s culturally insensitive to sell a baby you don’t like / want anymore, where as the firearm, if it’s not what you expected you can move it along or store it in your safe for years without looking at it. :thumbsup:
Something something something
Corn
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Biggus63 » 22 Dec 2017, 10:30 am

Hey there, been lurking for a while but this is my first post. Tried to get a CZ 455 Classic in .22 wmr about July and was told that not only were there none available but that they were not in transit either. With no expected availability date I ended up going for a 455 Varmint in .17 HMR, which is a little marginal for my purposes so I've been looking at getting a .17 WSM in another brand. The OPs issue dovetails with my recent CZ availability experience I guess.
Biggus63
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles