Tikka t1x rimfire

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Tikka t1x rimfire

Post by ClaytonT88 » 09 Feb 2019, 10:24 am

Well I finally got my licence paid for and all that jazz. Hopefully get down to Adelaide next week and shoulder a few. On my list are the T1X, CZ 455 American and the LA101.

Had the pleasure of shooting a 452 American which was paired with a VX Freedom 4-12x40 which was nice to look through so I'll probably pair whatever I buy with one of them i guess.
Money comes and goes, good times live on forever
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Gamerancher » 11 Feb 2019, 11:46 am

So, yesterday one of our local shooters turned up at the range with a brand new Tikka T1X in .22 L.R. Shot 25 and 50 m benchrest on standard targets.
He shot a few one hole groups at 25m and some real nice ragged hole groups at 50m. That's straight out of the box, brand new.
I think he was using RWS rifle match ammo. ( Keeping in mind this bloke is a top shot. )
I handled it but didn't shoot it. Nice rifle, this one had a heavier profile barrel than a standard .22 sporter but not as heavy as my P94S Sako varmint. Fit and finish look good, chunky looking 10 shot mag with nice release and easy to insert. Not fiddly like some mags can be.
I think he paid @ $900 ? Certainly a quality rifle at first impression. :thumbsup:
Gamerancher
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 11 Feb 2019, 2:22 pm

Gamerancher wrote:So, yesterday one of our local shooters turned up at the range with a brand new Tikka T1X in .22 L.R. Shot 25 and 50 m benchrest on standard targets.
He shot a few one hole groups at 25m and some real nice ragged hole groups at 50m. That's straight out of the box, brand new.
I think he was using RWS rifle match ammo. ( Keeping in mind this bloke is a top shot. )
I handled it but didn't shoot it. Nice rifle, this one had a heavier profile barrel than a standard .22 sporter but not as heavy as my P94S Sako varmint. Fit and finish look good, chunky looking 10 shot mag with nice release and easy to insert. Not fiddly like some mags can be.
I think he paid @ $900 ? Certainly a quality rifle at first impression. :thumbsup:

Was it the 16" or 20" version?
The economist's job is to explain what has happened in the past.
in2anity
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Gamerancher » 12 Feb 2019, 7:24 am

20? Dunno. Didn't look overly short.
Gamerancher
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 12 Feb 2019, 7:31 am

Gamerancher wrote:20? Dunno. Didn't look overly short.

Probably the 20 then - the 20 feels more like a "normal" rifle. The 16 is really tiny and feels oddly small (when your used to heavier rifles), which btw will make it an awesome little farm/carry gun...
The economist's job is to explain what has happened in the past.
in2anity
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles