BRNO Mod 2 accuracy

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: BRNO Mod 2 accuracy

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Dec 2019, 11:56 am

Yep, i had a ****** old Winchester, before the brno, shot heaps better. My daughter has a Marlin, again shoots heaps better, straight out of the box.

Most of the hype about mod 2s is BS IMHO. (Well,,, thats been my limited experience)
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 07 Dec 2019, 1:10 pm

I had a Winchester 9422 and it was s**t, shot shotgun patterns, the Brno runs rings around it in the accuracy dept. Best 22 I have for accuracy is the Savage 93 it smokes both of em in the accuracy and trigger dept.

All of them however were more than capable of hitting bunny heads so all go when it comes for hunting purposes. I've only ever removed the brno from the stock once to sand the god awful stain the had on the stock, other than that it's never been stuffed around with other than putting a lighter spring in the trigger (they were heavy from the factory) the spring made it nicer to shoot for hunting purposes, I've shot a couple of 5c piece type groups with the rifle but it's more a 1/2-3/4" in really.

OB I'd just test it out on some bunny heads - I'm sure it will be good enough for that job (they are hunting rifles after all)
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Dec 2019, 2:14 pm

bigfellascott wrote:, other than that it's never been stuffed around with other than putting a lighter spring in the trigger (they were heavy from the factory) the spring made it nicer to shoot for hunting purposes, I've shot a couple of 5c piece type groups with the rifle but it's more a 1/2-3/4" in really.

OB I'd just test it out on some bunny heads - I'm sure it will be good enough for that job (they are hunting rifles after all)

Yep, might still look at a lighter spring, but its about 1kg at the moment.
Will tinker with screw tensions too.
Yep, its ok for hunting now. Just bought 2 bricks. They will last till i drop.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 07 Dec 2019, 7:45 pm

I rekon about 1Kg is the right weight. Even in my target rifles when the trigger weight was reduced in the rules, I tried it out lowering it but I didnt like it so went to about 800 grams.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles