Norinco jw15a accuracy

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Norinco jw15a accuracy

Post by Garth » 16 Dec 2019, 3:30 pm

I have a old norinco 22 it was a sea cadets rifle.i use it in c comps. 3p and field rifle matches .it's old but shoots very accurate gets me great scores .nothing wrong with f2f hem in my opinion I use blazer 22 ammo love this norinco
Garth
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by flutch » 16 Dec 2019, 3:42 pm

Haven't been back through all the comments but 22lr ammo is far from perfect even match grade stuff is still factory mass produced and as with all things with a small powder load and light projie any weight variance is a larger percentage of the overall compared to heavier calibre/cartridge/loads.

you will just have to slog out for a pack of everything and see what ya gun likes, my Ruger loves Winchester T22, Federal Champion, CCI standard and Winchester super x, but it freaking hates Remington ammo, SK, sellior bellot, and a range of other stuff. I see groups bigger than 5 inches from Remington, have even had flyers as wide as half a meter out from it, and tonnes of unburned powder too, but then by the same token my old mans Brno Mod 2 loves the Remington stuff so go figure. I get under MOA with most of the ammo its likes, best results are with CCI standard, with T22 and Federal equal runners up.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Dec 2019, 5:18 pm

flutch wrote:Haven't been back through all the comments but 22lr ammo is far from perfect even match grade stuff is still factory mass produced and as with all things with a small powder load and light projie any weight variance is a larger percentage of the overall compared to heavier calibre/cartridge/loads.

you will just have to slog out for a pack of everything and see what ya gun likes, my Ruger loves Winchester T22, Federal Champion, CCI standard and Winchester super x, but it freaking hates Remington ammo, SK, sellior bellot, and a range of other stuff. I see groups bigger than 5 inches from Remington, have even had flyers as wide as half a meter out from it, and tonnes of unburned powder too, but then by the same token my old mans Brno Mod 2 loves the Remington stuff so go figure. I get under MOA with most of the ammo its likes, best results are with CCI standard, with T22 and Federal equal runners up.

I just went through the the process of working out what my bruno 2 likes.
I completely does my head in. Tried about 15 types of ammo. Best it about 22mm at 50 yards.

Buy a cheap 223 and get 1 moa after trying 3 hand loads. See it all the time. FMD
Last edited by Oldbloke on 17 Dec 2019, 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by flutch » 16 Dec 2019, 5:22 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
I just went through the the process of working out what my bruno 2 likes.
I completely does my head in. Tried about 15 types of ammo. Best it about 22Bu22mmat 50 yards. B

Buy a cheap 223 and get 1 moa after trying 3 hand loads. See it all the time. FMD

well thing is centre fire stuff, especially high powered is built far more to spec than any ammo for a 22, or any other rimfire for that matter.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Dec 2019, 7:01 pm

Premium rimfire ammo is assembled to a very high standard but even if you buy Eley Match you are not getting the same stuff supplied to top Olympic shooters like Matt Emmons.

With a 223, you can purchase premium components and assemble them yourself. If your skills are good enough it can be as good as anything else on the planet.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by flutch » 16 Dec 2019, 7:49 pm

SCJ429 wrote:Premium rimfire ammo is assembled to a very high standard but even if you buy Eley Match you are not getting the same stuff supplied to top Olympic shooters like Matt Emmons.

With a 223, you can purchase premium components and assemble them yourself. If your skills are good enough it can be as good as anything else on the planet.

+1 x2

:drinks:
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by FNQ » 17 Dec 2019, 6:35 pm

All of this good advice.

Mine shots all types of ammo and must have had millions of rounds put through it.

However let’s not forgets its a $200 rifle.
Last edited by FNQ on 17 Dec 2019, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamo CF.177, Savage A.22ss, JW15A, Savage 42 .22/.410, Stirlng .22MAG, Howa .223 stainless, Remington 770 .308, Savage AXIS .30-06, #4 MK1 .303, #4 MK2 .303,#5 .303, Akkar Churchill O/U 12ga, Chippa lever 12ga.

GSM 1911 .22, Glock 17A 9mm, Glock 34 9mm
FNQ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 17 Dec 2019, 8:54 pm

I think I paid 130 for mine a hell of a long time ago. Felt yuk. Looked yuk but shot real nice.
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 18 Dec 2019, 4:51 am

No I don't have one... but general observation, especially Chinese products, things get cheaper every couple of years, and generally wages etc rise. I think it's usually they have found a cheaper way to make the product or start to cut corners.

So while your 10 year old gun might be good.... there is a chance the newer guns have less in the way of any QA
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles