22LR munitions question

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: 22LR munitions question

Post by bigrich » 09 Apr 2018, 8:17 pm

all good scooter, i don't take anything too seriously on here, i thought i should be a little more precise so i don't get misunderstood but. i have learned much from this forum and 99.9% of folks on here have been great. as a forum everyone has a right to a opinion, and a different point of veiw, so i don't take anything to personally. except for anti's and the greens :evil: as for hornets scooter, in a new rifle have a look at a weihrauch. beutifull well made , tack driving peice of german engineering. with real nice adjustable two stage triggers. same as the "match " triggers on their comp air rifles. i know CZ 527's are a good thing, but they have a 90 degree bolt throw which gets close to the scope and may need high scope mounts depending on the scope. most of the german made guns have a throw of 60 degrees. once i've put more rounds through my 22lr i'll try some SK and might even try some RWS just for kicks . just to see what it can really do :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 10 Apr 2018, 6:57 am

Will do mate. I am a fan of the CZ 527 and have been looking seriously at one of those, however I will check out the other. Thanks for that mate. Appreciate it.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 10 Apr 2018, 8:47 am

Yeh scooter, it is hard to go past a 527 with it’s mini Mauser action and set trigger. Know someone who’s got one and it is very accurate. I had a rebarrelled brno 465 Hornet, that had issues. Found the twin set triggers to be too fiddly as well. Just not to my taste. I’ve found most German made guns have good triggers, short bolt throw and are very accurate . Just my two cents mate
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by eddahenry » 10 Apr 2018, 9:40 am

just find the type your 22 likes and stick to that , Federal Hunter match is what i use for target and hunting and shoots ragged hole 5 shot groups in my CZ455
eddahenry
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 10 Apr 2018, 12:19 pm

Federal hunter match eddahenry, haven’t heard of that. I’ll keep a eye out. Cheers
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 10 Apr 2018, 12:52 pm

bigrich wrote:Federal hunter match eddahenry, haven’t heard of that. I’ll keep a eye out. Cheers

That's a new one to me as well.
https://www.rebelgunworks.com.au/collections/rimfire-ammo/products/federal-premium-hunter-match-ammunition-22-long-rifle-high-velocity-40-grain-lead-hollow-point-50pk
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 10 Apr 2018, 1:10 pm

My lithgow really likes RWS subsonic.
It's almost become a hobby to test random brands of 22 to see what they can do for target shooting ~50-75m.

The only one I've found that is close to RWS performance is the eley sub. But it stinks!
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 10 Apr 2018, 3:56 pm

found the fed hunter premium , was at the gun shop this arvo buying dies as well ! oh well, good escuse to go back on friday :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 10 Apr 2018, 5:03 pm

I was onto the RWS sub as well still have a brick. i found that past 50m it really hit the skids though and the noise difference between the SK and the RWS sub was only just noticeable but the accuracy was.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by bigrich » 10 Apr 2018, 8:41 pm

sk has the goods SG ?
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles