First Shoot with the LA101

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

First Shoot with the LA101

Post by PaddyT » 20 Apr 2018, 12:24 pm

Picked up the new toy yesterday and took it to St Marys for a play, so started out with a clean of the barrel and had a shoot at 25 M with the following ;
Rem 22 LR Hunting round
Sk Match
Eley Subsonic hollws
Sk Std
CCI Std
CCI Mini mag hollows
Win Powerpoint 42
CCI Stingers

Best group was the Sk std, Eley subsonic and the CCI std all at .43 inches (11mm as i have a metric ruler)

Then I sighted in at 50- was running out of time so just shot the Rem which was actually the worse grouping at 25 M at .67inches- it got a lot worse at 50 M - out to about 1.75 inches- switched over to the CCI std and shot a 5 round group at .43 inches again, will try to get out this afternoon again and fine tune- I was still a bit low and right when I finished up , but bloody happy so far!

I also purchased 2 ideal small arms 10 shot mags and did the suggested mod on Ozzie Reviews- had 1 misfeed out of exactly 100 rounds, I only used the supplied five shot mag for the first 9 rounds- the 10th misfed- so might need to adjust that one according to the Lithgow arms recommendation.

So far , so good!
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: First Shoot with the LA101

Post by bigfellascott » 20 Apr 2018, 12:42 pm

Sounds like a shooter mate, well done and enjoy.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by in2anity » 20 Apr 2018, 1:02 pm

PaddyT wrote:Best group was the Sk std, Eley subsonic and the CCI std all at .43 inches (11mm as i have a metric ruler)

Bloody good rifles; they are the three ammo types that shoot the best in mine and my mate's la101 also. If you're into shrinking your groups, have a think about the Lumley spring kit.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 20 Apr 2018, 1:18 pm

heading to Stmarys tonight with my LA101 in tow.. havent shot it since December.. it needs some loving

Love the rifle awesome shooter. Mine likes Eley and SK ammo
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Joffa » 21 Apr 2018, 6:52 am

Exciting! Can’t wait for mine to finally arrive :lol:
What scope are you running on it?
Joffa
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by MontyShooter » 21 Apr 2018, 7:35 am

Mines loves rws subsonic.
Eley and SK are ok. But Rws shoots lights out!
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by PaddyT » 21 Apr 2018, 2:30 pm

Scope is Bushnell Trophy Extreme 2.5-15 50M , so far so good, took it for another shoot yesterday arvo, and finished sighting it in at 50M. Best round was the SK Match . The higher velocity stuff CCI Stinger were the worst group but gee they make a satisfying crack when they come out! I've had lots of recommendations for the Win PP 42's but they were pretty much middle of the pack, will persevere with them though. The CCI std didnt shoot as well as Thursday but I was fiddling with the scope a fair bit- so narrowing it down to SK Match for a target round, will give the RWS a run though for sure, going to keep persevering for the hunting rounds at this point. I fired off about 180 rounds yesterday, including a fair bit of rapid fire with the REm 22lr (loaded up 25 rounds into the mags and blazed away for fun) which actually shot really well after not seeming to be very good when I was really trying- maybe I was just nice and relaxed. Only had 1 misfeed in 180 rounds, its a damn nice rifle
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles