My Ruger precision Rimfire review.

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: My Ruger precision Rimfire review.

Post by Cooper » 01 Feb 2019, 8:15 am

Diddums wrote:Any more updates on this rifle.
I've put a deposit on one but starting to get cold feet regarding the accuracy

Pretty sure Bladeracer has bought one. Keen to see how his shoots. I'm happy with mine. I haven't do much with the 22 lately. I've shot a few Indian Myna's with it. Using the the Eley subsonic Hollow point. I have bought some more ammo to test. Might try to do some testing Sunday morning before it gets too hot.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 01 Feb 2019, 8:19 am

Ziad wrote:He read some reviews that said good stuff about it...so he put deposit. Then he read reviews from others that were so so....no idea if they were good shots or bad shooters... so now he's worried

I think people put too much weight on those written reviews or opinions, I generally hold the view that the good ones are often from people in the industry who may be in the business of selling them type thing and I also reckon a lot of negatives can be from the opposition manufacturers trying to direct more customers to their products.

The only way to really find out if somethings good or bad is to buy it, try it and see for yourself, your expectations can often be different to others, some are happy with 1" groups others need em all in the same hole and I guess at the end of the day if it's not up to your expectations you can sell them and try something else. :drinks:

And you are right what you say about whether people can or can't shoot, seen plenty of those types at ranges back in the day, they had all the fancy gear that was known to shoot and yet they had groups that resembled shotgun patterns and they often blamed the gear as it should have made them some sort of amazing shooter cos it was the "best" out there :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Cooper » 01 Feb 2019, 8:28 am

wooosaah wrote:There's been a while since the initial post testing ammo on these. What do you see as the best or top 3 ammo's now?
I have this rifle too and the LGS told me I should use high velocity in it so mostly been using CCI mini mags, have you tested with those? It's interesting that you were having success with standard and sub.

My number 1 would be the Eley subsonic HP. Then SK rifle match and 3rd would be CCI standard. The CCI is the best value. I paid $479 for 5000.

Out of the high velocity I've tried the Eley High velocity HP was the best. But not as consistant as the standard velocity stuff. The cheap Highland High velocity HP were actually pretty in mine.

I've tried the CCI Mini Mags but only ran 5 or 10 rounds through. So not a real good test.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles