Just starting- recommendations on a 22 rifle

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Just starting- recommendations on a 22 rifle

Post by pappaszx9 » 12 Sep 2018, 8:15 am

Yes, I've been contemplating getting a refund and going with the lithgow or CZ, but I've waited this long so what's another month or two? I'm really hoping it will be worth the wait and I haven't got the first batch that may be riddled with problems.

I was actually told by a Beretta rep at the gun show that they would be delivered in August (about a month from the show). The main thing that gets me is that Beretta haven't communicated anything to people that purchased the gun or even the store as to the delays up until now? I think if I was told they have some teething issues they are sorting out I would be happy they were sorted before they send me the gun, but they have been pretty tight lipped about the reasons it's been so drawn out.
pappaszx9
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 12 Sep 2018, 9:14 am

pappaszx9 wrote:Yes, I've been contemplating getting a refund and going with the lithgow or CZ, but I've waited this long so what's another month or two? I'm really hoping it will be worth the wait and I haven't got the first batch that may be riddled with problems.

I was actually told by a Beretta rep at the gun show that they would be delivered in August (about a month from the show). The main thing that gets me is that Beretta haven't communicated anything to people that purchased the gun or even the store as to the delays up until now? I think if I was told they have some teething issues they are sorting out I would be happy they were sorted before they send me the gun, but they have been pretty tight lipped about the reasons it's been so drawn out.

It could be more than a couple months away mate - especially as we encroach on Chrissy.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by pappaszx9 » 05 Oct 2018, 9:59 am

So, just been told that it will more than likely be late this year early next year........gee I hope it's worth the wait!
pappaszx9
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by yoshie » 05 Oct 2018, 5:22 pm

I have a CZ 452 American and couldn't be happier
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by duncan61 » 05 Oct 2018, 11:33 pm

Your a better man than me pappa.get a refund and try again
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Diamond Jim » 12 Oct 2018, 1:43 am

If I was buying a new rifle today it would be a CZ and I'd expect my grandchildren to be shooting it in 50 years. I own three in both rimfire and centrefire and would not hesitate to buy another if I had the need. One proviso - if you want a walk around rifle don't go for the Varmint model. I did and it's a great shooter but heavy to lug about and shoot offhand. The Classic, Lux etc are just as accurate and much more carry friendly. If spotlighting from a vehicle my Varmint is a laser.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by in2anity » 12 Oct 2018, 5:15 am

Diamond Jim wrote:If I was buying a new rifle today it would be a CZ and I'd expect my grandchildren to be shooting it in 50 years. I own three in both rimfire and centrefire and would not hesitate to buy another if I had the need. One proviso - if you want a walk around rifle don't go for the Varmint model. I did and it's a great shooter but heavy to lug about and shoot offhand. The Classic, Lux etc are just as accurate and much more carry friendly. If spotlighting from a vehicle my Varmint is a laser.

Actually weight is good for shooting offhand
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Diamond Jim » 15 Oct 2018, 1:50 am

YMMV. An extra 500g or so is significant to me.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by pappaszx9 » 20 Nov 2018, 7:06 pm

I was just sitting here thinking my gun should be here in the next few weeks...... Hopefully! It dawned on me that the pta I had would have expired by now! Will I have to wait another 28 days as I let the pta lapse, due to waiting for the gun for so long? Or will it be a standard 7-10 days?
pappaszx9
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles