Hunt Reports

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Hunt Reports

Post by bigpete » 10 Jun 2019, 9:35 pm

It's a cz 452 American varmint with a factory stock.

Btw. Just been away for 3 days with my friend. Between us I'd say we shot a bit over 30 rabbits,most on the first night. And,I delivered a double head shot with one bullet on demand. When the little lady asks for something,I try to do my best to deliver lol
bigpete
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

South Australia

Post by GQshayne » 10 Jun 2019, 10:05 pm

I like it, it has nice figuring. :thumbsup:
GQshayne
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 10 Jun 2019, 11:53 pm

bigpete wrote:It's a cz 452 American varmint with a factory stock.

Btw. Just been away for 3 days with my friend. Between us I'd say we shot a bit over 30 rabbits,most on the first night. And,I delivered a double head shot with one bullet on demand. When the little lady asks for something,I try to do my best to deliver lol

Ill bet you did...!! 8-)
:thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by grandadbushy » 11 Jun 2019, 1:34 am

Stand and deliver is that how it went bigpete :thumbsup: :D :drinks:
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 11 Jun 2019, 5:37 am

Pretty much hey. I said don't get used to that,it'll never happen again lol
bigpete
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 11 Jun 2019, 5:39 am

Stix wrote:

Ill bet you did...!! 8-)

Meh,don't worry me none if you don't believe it. The important person was there to witness it ;)
bigpete
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

South Australia

Post by Stix » 11 Jun 2019, 10:22 am

bigpete wrote:
Stix wrote:

Ill bet you did...!! 8-)

Meh,don't worry me none if you don't believe it. The important person was there to witness it ;)

I dont doubt you pete...
Bit I wasnt talking about shooting rabbits... :)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 11 Jun 2019, 10:26 am

Yes,well,there's none of that going on either. I don't think the boyfriend would like that not that I give a rats about him
bigpete
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

South Australia

Post by GQshayne » 11 Jun 2019, 8:23 pm

I saw my old man shoot two pigs with one shot out of his .303 back in the early 80's. Head shots both of them. Too long ago to remember what ammo he was using. It is possible it was a FMJ military round, which he used early on before reloading.
GQshayne
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 12 Jun 2019, 5:12 am

What got me was the fact they were at least 15 feet apart,and of course doing it on demand lol
bigpete
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

South Australia

Post by flutch » 12 Jun 2019, 1:14 pm

Most bunnies I've despatched was most of a half of a total of 265 rabbits, between me my dad and for one arvo out of 3 my mate bugsy we knocked over 265 rabbits off two warrens with our compound bows, just over 2 hours per arvo over 3 days. Was a bloodbath lol, gotta love bows, skewering bun rabs is great fun. This was in 2014
flutch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 12 Jun 2019, 5:39 pm

Twice in my culling career I have had 2 fall over and a buddy did it once when I was driving.Both times using .222.The best roo ever was with the same bloke and we pulled up to open the property gate and a good size buck came across the Coalfields hwy flat out and hit head first on the bullbar.One for none is a good start when proculling
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Western Australia

Post by CrackThump » 18 Jun 2019, 6:04 pm

From paddock to MY BELLY

Last week this wallaby was running around a paddock, 7 days ageing in the fridge and 6 hours in the slowcooker and viola.. wallaby backstrap stew

i'd post the recipe but Im to busy stuffing my face hahaha
Attachments
20190618_180401.jpg
20190618_180401.jpg (359.98 KiB) Viewed 110 times
CrackThump
Private
Private

Tasmania

Post by Stix » 19 Jun 2019, 6:25 pm

Looks like that should be comsumed in front of my combustion heater CrackThump... :thumbsup:

If youre slow cooking it, why not use other easy parts of the animal like rump etc... :unknown: :thumbsup: :clap:

Anyway, post the recipe up in one of the cooking/eating/recipe threads mate...lets keep this thread about reports of our hunting showing pics of rifles draped over claret leaking fur eh... :thumbsup:

You could post the recipe in one of these... :drinks: ...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9994

A couple other bunny ones...
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7573

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=7969
Stix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

South Australia

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control