6.5 Grendel?

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: 6.5 Grendel?

Post by bigrich » 13 Aug 2019, 8:59 pm

i'm assuming that target was at 100 yards MM . but i think you broke your rifle ! there's only one hole ! :lol: i hear ya on not using your favorite hunting rifle as a plinker . i put about 600 rounds through my model 70 swede rifle doing load developement ( i tried every conceivable projectile and combo as i was new to reloading and it was fun :D ) , i don't shoot it too often now unless i'm on a hunt to preserve the barrel/accuracy . i have two other model 70's to plink/ range shoot/hunt with (222 , 243 ). they all shoulder the same and trigger pull is all about the same, so it makes jumping back and forth between rifles and calibers easy for me . i've seen a couple of 338 win mag model 70 rifles on line cheap, thinking they would be a good basis for a 264 project . i think i need another safe ...... :crazy:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 14 Aug 2019, 9:16 am

the wins have a good magazine size, good for magnum size case's so you can load long and wins can make a very accurate rifle
:drinks: :drinks:
marksman
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Cooper » 17 Aug 2019, 8:44 pm

I have two 6.5 Grendel’s now. I have a Howa Mini action and a cz527 MTR in 6.5 Grendel. The CZ was $1000 on special and I couldn’t resist. The MTR actually has a 25.6 inch barrel. But it actually feels quite usable.

I’m still working up loads for the CZ. But it shooting extremely well. I won’t be surprised if it ends up being the most accurate gun I own.
I also bought the 200 round Hornady American Gunner ammo for $235 for 200. I paid more for empty brass when I started reloading 6.5 Grendel.
Cooper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control