Cat and fox - both needing shooting

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Cat and fox - both needing shooting

Post by NTSOG » 29 Feb 2020, 5:50 am

G'day,

Thankyou SCJ429 and marksman - I had never considered how different predator species interacted with each other in the field until I saw the photo. I guess cats are inherently more aggressive, hence the fox waiting her turn. So far neither blighter has turned up when I have been waiting on site. I'll try again tonight.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Stix » 29 Feb 2020, 8:12 am

Gday NTSOG,
Mate the fox is just being wary & i doubt would hold great fear of loosing its life to a cat.

Cats arent any more aggressive than a snake in that they want to get away & would only react "aggressively" if threatened/backed into a corner...and even then its only defensive aggression... :)
Id bet my house that if that fox approached the cat & stamped its paw, the cat would hit the afterburners... :thumbsup:
tenor (2).gif
tenor (2).gif (266.46 KiB) Viewed 1813 times

:lol:

But that is a great picture...you've got some fun coming your way...!!

Get that cat..!!!... :clap:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by NTSOG » 18 Mar 2020, 5:12 pm

G'day All, Finally, after weeks of sitting out and being either too early or too late, often by only 5 minutes or so, I 'fixed' the blessed cat that's been prowling around my property and taking my bait. I was just about ready to pack up for the evening when it showed up. This morning when I checked my two cameras I found some more 'customers' had come later. One is another cat [with reflective collar]. I know who the owner is and have made it clear I don't want the animal on my place. Twice I have had the crosshairs fixed on its face while I waited to check what it was, but refrained from shooting it once I saw the collar. I think next time it will become a 'late' cat. Also, to my surprise, the fox [vixen I think] turned up early this morning. She'll be tough to catch.

Stix I know you think that foxes will dominate cats, but I have hardly seen the vixen on camera since the cat showed up.

Jim.
Attachments
IMAG0001a.jpg
Cat - unimproved
IMAG0001a.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 1633 times
IMAG0001c2.jpg
Cat - improved
IMAG0001c2.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 1633 times
IMAG0003a.jpg
Feral domestic cat: also needing improvement.
IMAG0003a.jpg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 1633 times
IMAG0011a.jpg
Smart vixen.
IMAG0011a.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1633 times
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control