.223 and 22-250 Bunnies.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: .223 and 22-250 Bunnies.

Post by xDom » 28 Jan 2019, 12:55 pm

Elmer wrote:Here is a couple of vids using the .223 and 22-250, on the same set of Warrens, a big feral cat had moved in and decimated the kitten population , fortunately the .223 took care of him, unfortunately I didnt get it on film and he had just enough energy to crawl down one of the burrows....he was shot at 355yds.
cheers.
https://youtu.be/rF3rRJ5gtt4 https://youtu.be/Ypdl8x-MfWg

Impressive. I'm looking forward to doing some long range bunny shooting with my .223 on my next trip to the farm.
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Faedy » 28 Jan 2019, 11:19 pm

mint work there. May I ask how you film the shots?
Im keen to do a bit of this up the farm
Faedy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 29 Jan 2019, 8:56 am

Uber_petey wrote:
Elmer wrote:
Uber_petey wrote:Awesome vids mate. What optics are you using?

Thanks mate......Leupold VIII 6 5-20X 50 LR Target 30mm tube ,side parallax adj Varmint reticle.

Nice. I love the idea of setting up a few hundred yards away and sniping off rabbits and or foxes. I have bought a Howa varmint barrel .223 and am struggling with a scope choice. It's my first rifle so I have no other scopes to compare etc blokes I know use nightforce shv which is outta my $$ range. The meopta meopro 6-18x50 is a possibility. What power do you find yourself using most of the time?
With that 6-20x power, what's the closest range you'd take shots with?

G'day Petey,
I have a Hawke 10-50×60 on my Howa .223 and it will focus razor sharp from 10m.
Hawke make a lot of air rifle scopes and their focal range is the best I've seen.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control