Ultimate night hunting buggy.....

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Ultimate night hunting buggy.....

Post by brinny » 10 Mar 2019, 3:57 pm

Had a bit of a project on the go for a while now...and have finally finished it...
I bought a Polaris RZR and stripped it down and rebuilt it into the ultimate night hunting rig.....
It has a Pulsar XQ50 Helion monocular and a Blazalight spotlight setup on the same swivel, with a Samsung tablet set up behind the steering wheel for the wifi of the monocular...
It has a 14 fox rack on the back, as well as a 20 litre water tank and large utility box built into the new tray i built.
It has a removable bench where the passenger seat was with Rhino grabs on it for the rifl, as well as a utility box underneath for bullets, knifes, steels, and other monocular when not in use....
It has a padded bench going right across the front in front of the steering wheel to rest the rifle on.....
It has a spare wheel holder which can be accessed easily when the need arises, as well as a couple of work light that would light up the city of Melbourne....
The whole concept of this is, once a critter is spotted, the rifle can be easily accessed and pointed straight out the front resting on the padded rest and using the bench where the passenger seat was to lean on for a steady shot....all with out having to get out of the drivers seat....Once the shot is taken....put the rifle back in the Rhino grips, drive up to pick up the fox....
It has taken me a fair while on and off to get it finished, and now it is....so looking forward to getting out and getting into them....

Last edited by brinny on 10 Mar 2019, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Ultimate night hunting buggy.....

Post by ClaytonT88 » 10 Mar 2019, 4:12 pm

Looks the goods mate, happy hunting!
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 10 Mar 2019, 8:13 pm

Looks great mate, I'm seriously contemplating building something similar myself, I just keep choking on the cost of the vehicle.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by GQshayne » 10 Mar 2019, 8:16 pm

Nicely done mate.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Mar 2019, 8:23 pm

Nice one mate, so long as theres plenty of shooting rests where it's needed it should be a rippa.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by marksman » 10 Mar 2019, 9:05 pm

well done :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 11 Mar 2019, 5:38 am

Kettle? My Norton came with a plug for one, or an electric razor1
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control