Farmer assist program

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Farmer assist program

Post by bigpete » 09 Apr 2019, 3:18 am

flutch wrote:
Jon79 wrote:Went for a drive the other day knocked on 3 doors was polite and not dressed like Rambo got on to all 3 properties all of them have plenty of deer, pigs and foxes.

I called in to the first property and had a good yarn and he put me on to the following 2 properties

yeah this is the way to go about things, and never just rock up with your s**t ready to go.. they wouldn't appreciate the presumption.

I'll third this.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by southwest shooter » 09 Apr 2019, 10:30 am

Jon79 wrote:Went for a drive the other day knocked on 3 doors was polite and not dressed like Rambo got on to all 3 properties all of them have plenty of deer, pigs and foxes.

I called in to the first property and had a good yarn and he put me on to the following 2 properties

Nice work, imagine that you ask politely and doors open , who would have thought .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by tom604 » 09 Apr 2019, 4:03 pm

SSAA, CWM of your state,,should be one in every state? can be a bit of an old boys club but once you get your nose in and your not a wenker its not too bad, tried farmers assist but not really into shooting roo's so let that laspe ,,talk to your co-workers,friends,ect,put the word out that your looking for properties and you may be surprised at what you get,,clean up after yourself ,,no dead stuff just lying around type of thing, text the owner on how it went and if you have spotted anything amiss and after a few visits do the old "hey any of the other guys around here need a hand to sort out a few foxes? or whatever's" :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control