Kangaroo trap

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Kangaroo trap

Post by Die Judicii » 07 May 2019, 11:23 pm

Blr243 wrote:Not suggesting that anyone might be considering illegal traps but I firmly believe traps of any kind should be checked regularly and more so in summer so nothing suffers unnecessarily Unchecked traps with any type of animal perishing from thirst is totally acceptable

Hi BLR243,
Not meaning to be a nit picker,,,,, but I'm presuming you meant UNACCEPTABLE

:thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 07 May 2019, 11:46 pm

As I've watched countless times, how roos will stoop to go through or under a wire fence,, I've often thought they would be a candidate for a well set snare.
For many years as I understand, rabbit traps (the kind I grew up with) have been illegal in the UK.
But snares were the go to solution in England.
I had a mate once that was raised in rural England, and he brought some back after a holiday.
He showed me how they work, and how to set them.
Firstly, the wire is soft yet strong, and when the rabbit tries to push its way through, the wire kinks tightly, and then they instinctively kick forward,,,,,,,
resulting in a dead rabbit with a broken neck.

I only half believed what he was saying till he set some on my place,,,,,,,,,,,, and sure enough every rabbit that was in one,, the next morning,, was dead and with a broken neck.
It certainly convinced me.
No suffering at all.
Until then I was under the impression that they died from strangulation, but not so.

I reckon that roos would be the same,,,,,,, only on a bigger scale,,,,,, if you could get a permit for it.

RIP Paul,,,,, the bloke that did what he did to you will have justice served when he passes on. :drinks:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 08 May 2019, 3:49 pm

Yes your right. I gotta spell check more often. What I actually typed sounds awfull
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Roo farmer » 09 May 2019, 9:24 pm

duncan61 wrote:I have to ask why do you wish to trap roos.Do you want them alive.Is it red roos where you are

Two reasons I had thought of trapping. One, scrubby paddocks are hard to shoot. Two, open paddocks are fine until you target the same paddocks repeatedly, the roos get smart, and disappear as soon as they hear a vehicle.

Yes I want them alive. I want them alive so that I can shoot them, dress them, and sell them.

Reds and Western Greys.
Roo farmer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Stix » 10 May 2019, 8:58 am

Set up a series of speakers that play a recording of a desiel engine, & have it play when they are in your paddock...
That'll keep em there...& be cheaper than a fence/trap.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control