Hunt report tues and we’d night

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Hunt report tues and we’d night

Post by Blr243 » 31 Aug 2019, 9:01 pm

Went out into paddock one. Not a great deal around tonight. Shot an ok solo boar a a small one from another mob of a dozen. Wind is not it’s usual self tonight. It has been very reliable other nights. I’m going to take the Ute and the dog over to another semi open grazing paddock for a look around Then I’ll scan the cultivation paddocks again
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 01 Sep 2019, 8:42 am

Had a bad night. Shot an ok solo boar and two smaller pigs from different mobs I think the pigs in these paddocks are getting wise to my activities. I got to stop taking my swag into the field for a temporary lay down rest in between pig mobs. It’ was so comfortable that my temporary rest ended up being a very long rest ... I awoke an hour before sun up. Saw one mob hightailing it for hills and I put a stalk in on a solo boar but he must have heard me and took off as well. Then after dawn in desperation to keep the tally up after last nights stuff up I went for a couple of bush daytime walks but no luck. I need to try to do as little as possible today so I can stay awake all night in the pig paddocks
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 01 Sep 2019, 6:22 pm

Good narrative mate... almost feels like we are there with you.

Dumb question but do you does all the pigs you shoot or you just let them become fertilizer?

And good luck with trying to start awake tonight
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 01 Sep 2019, 6:34 pm

Pigs here are generally good attractants to foxes out into the open so we can get a shot at them. Then they are hawk and crow tucker. Then they are fertiliser. I did bring a baking pan with me this time so I can put a sucker in the oven Maybe. I’m feeling good. Hope I can go the distance. I have a deck to build for somebody when I get back to work so will have to change the body clock somehow
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 01 Sep 2019, 6:39 pm

Lol yeah I understand ya..sailing that I am ready for bed by 10/10.30 now a days
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 01 Sep 2019, 10:10 pm

Ziad wrote:Good narrative mate... almost feels like we are there with you.

Dumb question but do you does all the pigs you shoot or you just let them become fertilizer?

And good luck with trying to start awake tonight

Don't forget,,,,,,,
Pigs will eat anything including their own.
So nothing much will be left.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control