Animal warning calls

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Animal warning calls

Post by marksman » 09 Nov 2019, 10:44 am

your dead right about the birds Stix
they see better than us, way better, could you imagine duck hunters having to wear blaze orange at the duck swamp, thats one way of not getting ducks :lol:
the best way not to be seen when birds are flying over is do not move, if you can see them in the area avoid them, if they spring you move away and give them time to settle again, you should be able to have birds fly straight over you without a squark, and dont get to carried away with camo patterns some look brilliant to us but look like a dark blob of danger to deer ect... :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: Animal warning calls

Post by RoginaJack » 09 Nov 2019, 10:52 am

I think it has more to do with our profile; you know, 6ft tall rippling muscles and bullet proof , sorry forgot I'm not 19 any more!
Seriously, animals have figured out that our upright stance signals danger- Predator! What else walks around in the bush in a upright posture?
I also reckon crows can count. If 2 or 3 people walk into a hide and 1 or 2 stay, crows can figure that out but if 5 or 6 walk in and 1 or 2 stay, that confuses them...try it.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control