Forgot to put the rifle in the Ute

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Forgot to put the rifle in the Ute

Post by Blr243 » 14 Nov 2019, 9:49 pm

Once while swimming in an extremely remote waterhole in north q on the cape ( it was a bloody huge swamp about 7000 miles from anything ) and we were of the opinion that many of the animals there had never seen a man or a vehicle. A boar wandered out of the cane grass and into the swamp with us and had a swim too Sometimes we were swimming and sometimes we were standing. He was about 15 m from us and watching us with curiosity because we were the strangest thing he had ever seen It was bizarre ....eventually he just wandered off
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 14 Nov 2019, 9:52 pm

Once while swimming in an extremely remote waterhole in north q on the cape ( it was a bloody huge swamp about 7000 miles from anything ) and we were of the opinion that many of the animals there had never seen a man or a vehicle. A boar wandered out of the cane grass and into the swamp with us and had a swim too Sometimes we were swimming and sometimes we were standing. He was about 15 m from us and watching us with curiosity because we were the strangest thing he had ever seen It was bizarre ....eventually he just wandered off
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by GQshayne » 15 Nov 2019, 8:09 pm

That's funny.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Elmer » 17 Nov 2019, 11:21 am

....at least the rifle is safe :roll:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Nov 2019, 2:46 pm

He was probably wondering how many days it would take him to eat you obviously too long so he walked away but a lizard may not have :thumbsup: :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Post by Am88 » 18 Nov 2019, 3:21 pm

I missed a healthy looking wild dog on Saturday morning because of this, didn't necessarily leave it at home, but it was locked in the toolbox, I was on my way to the father in laws farm for some corn field overwatch, and this time I cut through on a gazetted road that comes to the back of the paddocks to try surprise some pigs, I was running late and NORMALLY I'd pull up and at least get out the .222 just in case as I can shoot on the neighbors blocks as well, and alas, there it was on the side of the road trotting along, by the time I pulled up, pulled the rifle which at least had the torch mounted I only caught a look at his ass as he disappeared into the mango tree's with me chasing him.
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 18 Nov 2019, 3:38 pm

I’ve swam with more freshwater crocs than u can poke a stick at but I’m normally incredibly cautious in saltwater croc country and you will find me a long way from the bank. But in the freshwater billabongs and swamps 2 or 3 hundred k from the coast I have stuffed up on three occasions and I have realised sooner or later one way or another that I simply should not have been in those 3 waterholes
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control