Go find your own patch.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Go find your own patch.

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Dec 2019, 9:06 am

Or fluorescein. Lol
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 25 Dec 2019, 8:49 pm

Stix wrote:Got any then & now footage for us to see Elmer...?

And ehat will that do yo them or the water...?...
eill it turn the track a slippery pink colour..?...lol

Not yet Stix...it will probably disinfect them and turn the water pink.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 25 Dec 2019, 8:51 pm

Farmerpete wrote:Don't stop going it sounds like this mob are getting comfy it's inevitable that they overstep the mark sooner or later just give it time

I won't stop going Pete, that's what I'm hoping for, let them for their own grave.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 25 Dec 2019, 8:51 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Or fluorescein. Lol

Lol, with a good dose of Chloral hydrate.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Dec 2019, 9:02 pm

Elmer wrote:Lol, with a good dose of Chloral hydrate.

Now now. Thats not cricket.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 25 Dec 2019, 10:05 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Now now. Thats not cricket.

Huh...?...
Dont bring Cricket into this OB...!!!

Cricket is just full of lying cheating Kunts, that once caught out out with their lying & cheating, just agree with the string yankers (yes i sais "yankers"...but that term doubles up to mean wankers & cant be trusted kunts...!!!...) & so carry on to do a girly fukn cry,on national TV so they can continue to earn squillions through endorsements, while both denying worthy good young men an opportunity to represent our country in a dignified manner, that is at the very least, worthy of the sacrifice their great grandfathers gave for them, while also chewing up money that could otherwise be better used to mitigate the stresses of other fellow Aussies who struggle to gain employment & even pay their heating bills...!!!

AND,,,!!...Nope..!!!....i dont have any issues with regard to lying cheating rich bustards... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 25 Dec 2019, 10:20 pm

Stix wrote: Got any then & now footage for us to see Elmer...?

Elmer wrote:...Not yet Stix...it will probably disinfect them and turn the water pink.[/quote]

______

Dont disinfect them them Elmer...rather...give the disrespectful twats herpies...!!!
Better still...if youre in the chemical game...see if you can find someone to discover a territorial strain of herpies to infect them every time they go to that property... :lol: !!!!!

And...get some footage...!!!

I want to see what they've done...so try put together a clip with before & after footage--including the bunny's behaviour...!!
I intend to show some farmers,--this kind of thing could help us other good guys out too...!!...

Giving land owners a perspective of what can happen when yahoo's are let loose with liuttle supervision can only be of benefit to us eco-shooters...!!

Not to mention...showing the farmers i know may well increase the chances of me getting you out to smash some bunnies on my patch...(hopefully)..(& not that i want that, given you are a better shooter than myself & i would run the risk of being evicted in liew of you...!!!...LOL...)

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Wombat » 25 Dec 2019, 10:30 pm

Just ask the farmer how much rent he wants for you to set up a weekender like the others have.
That'll get him looking and thinking.

BTW a dead possum in a water tank happens naturally every so often.........
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Stix » 25 Dec 2019, 10:44 pm

Wombat wrote:Just ask the farmer how much rent he wants for you to set up a weekender like the others have.

Good thinking Wombat... :clap:
Although in that country, a dead Crow or two. with the odd random Galah thrown might be a little less conspicuous... :thumbsup:
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 26 Dec 2019, 1:00 pm

Stix,
sounds like a plan....I will get some footage of the shed, tank, about 5 beaten up cars, some car parts left lying around, bbq, chairs, table, batteries, tyres and parts of the track as well.
I don't have much preapocolyptic footage and the bunnies are hard to find ( being hunted and skittish).
Muchly appreciate the possible invite to shoot on your patch,( I promise to miss a few :lol: :thumbsup: ) as I said before that extends to you as well.
Cheers.
Sean.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 26 Dec 2019, 1:03 pm

Wombat wrote:Just ask the farmer how much rent he wants for you to set up a weekender like the others have.

...he would probably agree to it
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by FNQ » 31 Dec 2019, 11:27 am

And for all these reason (posts) I wont let anyone shoot, ride, 4wd on my property without me with them.

Done it before and NEVER again.

People either get attached to MY property and feel they have some sort of ownership or they trash the paddocks, fences and upset the live stock.
Gamo CF.177, Savage A.22ss, JW15A, Savage 42 .22/.410, Stirlng .22MAG, Howa .223 stainless, Remington 770 .308, Savage AXIS .30-06, #4 MK1 .303, #4 MK2 .303,#5 .303, Akkar Churchill O/U 12ga, Chippa lever 12ga.

GSM 1911 .22, Glock 17A 9mm, Glock 34 9mm
FNQ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 31 Dec 2019, 11:36 am

Yep FNQ that's why the property owners where I am are so selective or totally against letting them on
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 31 Dec 2019, 6:02 pm

have to say l have never heard of a landowner wanting to turn his land into an amusement park before and l would never ever expect to be able to
l have found there are big differences in how landowners want you to treat there land but it would never mean to trash it :crazy:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 31 Dec 2019, 8:47 pm

Elmer wrote:Stix,
sounds like a plan....I will get some footage of the shed, tank, about 5 beaten up cars, some car parts left lying around, bbq, chairs, table, batteries, tyres and parts of the track as well..

Unbelievable.gif
Unbelievable.gif (236.38 KiB) Viewed 5284 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 01 Jan 2020, 1:13 pm

Which part mate, the footage or all the s**t lying around?
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Jan 2020, 1:52 pm

Elmer wrote:Which part mate, the footage or all the s**t lying around?

What they are doing and the s**t lying around. I cant believe they are still there. FMD
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 02 Jan 2020, 1:12 pm

Still there mate, probably the only thing that would get them kicked off is if they started a fire.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Diamond Jim » 18 Jan 2020, 3:49 am

Coming from a family that owns land that is regularly accessed by unauthorised shooters thinking they can come and go as they please, I say honour the decision of the landowner and play to their rules. If you've done the right thing for 40+ years then it's likely they will stick with you. If the new crowd stuff up then the owner will get fed up eventually and ask them not to come back - bottom line is it's the owners call not yours. If that's not you then save up and buy your own property and deal with everyone that wants to shoot on your land and convince themselves that they are doing you a favour.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Elmer » 19 Jan 2020, 6:06 pm

Thanks for the the advice Jim, will go out tomorrow and buy 10000 acres and your invited to have a shoot. :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Jan 2020, 6:37 pm

G'day Diamond Jim mate i'm from the bush also and I find loyalty runs both ways firstly I doubt Elmer would not do the right thing and secondly nobody doubted the rights of the farmer just voicing the hurt of loyalty not being returned in kind if the farmer is planning on a change of visitor it would be only polite to give reasons as to why especially after 30-40yrs of shooting there .I know I would be hurt if this wasn't forth coming I would think i'd done something to upset the farmer . You see the world is not one sided and respect is need from both parties ( land owner and shooter) the farmer will exercise their right by deciding whether you get on or not we all know that . More harm than good can come from changing the goal posts midstream shooters tend to pick up on this and tend to avoid these farms and sometimes leaving them to bare the damage of ferals . although this is not always the case.
Member-Deleted

Post by Elmer » 19 Jan 2020, 6:58 pm

Exactly Bushy.....l have always respected the owners rules and have never left anything behind (except for tyre tracks).
Finding a decent property to shoot on is like gold, I have an emotional attachment to that land and it s**ts me when i see it turned into a townees playground.
I am currently on the hunt for new ground, I will still go there but something different would be nice
cheers
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Jan 2020, 6:58 pm

Mate, I shot on a property for about 40 years. The owner started going a bit troppo. Soooo, I decided, against my grain to move on and find a new property. About 6 months later there was a murder/suicide on the proprty. (Owner and wife both in their 90's)

Bloody glad i pulled out when i did.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 19 Jan 2020, 9:23 pm

Jeez, oldbloke its a good thing you did pull out.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Diamond Jim » 19 Jan 2020, 10:47 pm

I don't mean to suggest any wrong attitude or disrespect by Elmer or anyone else. If that's how it came across please accept my apology...but (there is always a "but") the world changes. I regret that I can't shoot airguns in my inner city backyard like I used to do. I hate that new arrivals in the town nearest our properties think our properties are open for them to trespass and shoot on without consent. I hate that WA doesn't have a duck or quail season any more. I hate that we had to surrender perfectly good firearms in the buyback. I hate that I can't climb Ayers Rock any more. It goes on and on.
Celebrate the fact you've had 40+ years of good relations with your host and, by all means, regret the fact it can't last forever but accept that we are temporary visitors here - including the landowner. When I've saved up enough to buy my own patch I might invite you for a shoot!
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 20 Jan 2020, 12:09 am

No offence taken Diamond Jim . mate we all have hates and some regrets but common sense , respect and common curtesy from both parties isn't one of them ie land owner and shooter common sense is you don't shoot a persons land without permission, respect is you respect all rules and the wishes of both parties, and common curtesy is you both keep each other in the loop and respect each others space. it's not that hard to do but it's hard when you turn up for a shoot and find a bunch of hoons have been given the ok to be there with out the farmer notifying you about them so I see this as a safety issue and very dangerous
Member-Deleted

Post by Diamond Jim » 20 Jan 2020, 1:07 am

I totally accept the safety aspect. That's a real concern. The landowner/manager must know who is on their land at all times, where they are operating and they must make sure they communicate that information with other visitors. Unfortunately change occurs whether we like it or not and the owner/manager that Elmer (or any of us) has known and dealt with and had a good relationship with gets replaced with or is influenced by a new generation who want to look after their mates. Properties get sold to new owners with different agendas. It is a sh!t sandwich but it is how the world has worked for thousands of years. I can shoot better than my boys but I wouldn't want to box with them any more. I'm in a different stage of my journey and while they will never know the things I've seen and done, I'll never know their lives. I regret both but that's life. We cant freeze time and we can't go back.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Khalild » 05 Feb 2020, 3:33 am

Such a shame this sort of thing happens. New to the sport however have tagged along with friends. Really feel for the property owners who have to put up with people who don't respect boundaries. Makes it hard for every one else who tries to do the right thing.
Khalild
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by NTSOG » 05 Feb 2020, 12:00 pm

G'day,

I'm lucky enough to have permission to shoot on several neighbouring farms. I was chatting to the owner of one family farm [owned by the same family since 1880] and the farmer told me there had been a single red deer living up the hill in one paddock for some time. A couple of days earlier he had been inspecting a mob of sheep only to find some drongo had shot the deer. The carcase was left to rot and no meat taken. There's no way to know who shot it or when as there are plenty of forest and plantation roads for idiots to sneak along at night. [We get a few night-time robberies of farm sheds as well.] It's not the first time a deer has been shot 'for fun' and left to rot nearby. Unfortunately it seems that, as more people come to live in the country, we get more drongos who could not give a damn about how to behave around stock, drive like madmen and have no respect for private property.

Jim.
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Feb 2020, 11:25 am

"Drongos" don't worry, they are everywhere. Try construction site's.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control