Go find your own patch.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Go find your own patch.

Post by bigpete » 07 Dec 2019, 6:26 am

I just got told " no " for the first time ever on a property I've hunted for over 30 years by the farmers wife...I'm going to ring him today to find out what the deal is,as it was him the week before told me to come out and shoot the deer that had appeared on his place.....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 07 Dec 2019, 3:15 pm

Big Pete. I think you are safe. Behaving yourself on a place for thirty years is not going to get you kicked off
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 07 Dec 2019, 4:24 pm

The eldest son has half the property now...do I'm not sure what's going on,as the reasoning I was given was that he ( the son) had got a roo cull permit and another shooter in,and I wasn't allowed to shoot the deer coz they had to be saved for the other bloke....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 07 Dec 2019, 7:15 pm

that sucks your asshole out :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 07 Dec 2019, 8:23 pm

Yeah a bit rude after 30 years of me shooting there and close to 40 years of my dad shooting there
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 07 Dec 2019, 8:30 pm

Geez bigpete I feel for you mate having that happen after so long would be sole breaking thank Christ I don't have to worry about things like that I only go where i'm asked to go because the need is there for them hope things pick up for you and all those shooters in the same situation
Member-Deleted

Post by Elmer » 08 Dec 2019, 10:28 am

bigpete wrote:I just got told " no " for the first time ever on a property I've hunted for over 30 years by the farmers wife...I'm going to ring him today to find out what the deal is,as it was him the week before told me to come out and shoot the deer that had appeared on his place.....

s**t, that's gotta hurt, after 30yrs?....whatever happened about a little loyalty towards you?
You have been doing them a favor and that's how your treated?
I would h ave a serious discussion with the owner , at least though he still owns half of it.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Stix » 08 Dec 2019, 11:15 am

Yea that sucks pete...makes your piss burn & leaves you deflated...

After a couple of years work & access granted, ive recently been denied that access all through the defamatory back-stabbing control methods of some people within a certain "shooters group"...they use power to band together & defame someone because they get bruised ego's when they dont get the same privileges, & so go about destroying others opportunities...low life gutless clicky fuk-wits--i hope they are reading this--they know who they are...!!!

At the risk of repeating...again, i dont think people have an incling of the emotional attachment we sometimes unknowingly build to these places we hunt...

But dont worry guys...ill be in the same boat as you soon enough--hopefully not soon, but with how fast life is scooting on by, it will come soon enough...

My ol'man took a sapling of a gum tree that popped up in his yard & has planted it in the yard of the old homestead we stay in, on a farm we both regularly visit...
Under that tree lies the ashes of my grandfather...
The day i ring ahead & get told "NO", will be a hard day no doubt...

The farmer who is older than me, has no kids & cant live for ever, so unless im unfortunate enough to tip over before him, sadly i expect ill be denied access to a spot that delivers me some very grounding moments...& smelly ones too when i have a heap of foxes to skin out the next morning before i slap some bacon over the fire...... :lol:

Pete...Id have a think about it, & then have a word to the farmer & his family...atleast try get access to the occasional deer & couple of bunnies for sentimental purposes...
If the answer still comes back a "NO", although its not much consolation, then its clear the sons values are not what you would want in your life anyway...

I rekon i could get some access to deer country down your way, but i just dont have the time to pursue it in a regular proactive manner, from where i live...
I do plod along the networking trail, & when & if i get somewhere to chase deer down that general direction, ill let you know & be glad to share with you, as im not one who is greedy or likes waste...(i know of many who are just out for thrill kills & waste hundreds of kilos of good meat & couldnt give a hoot about the experience)...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Dec 2019, 12:27 pm

bigpete wrote:Yeah a bit rude after 30 years of me shooting there and close to 40 years of my dad shooting there

Sheet, thats no good mate. Must hurt.

I had a similar thing happen 3 years ago. 90 year old farmer started going troppo, big time. So I thought it best to stop going after 41 years. Long story, but turned out i made the right decision.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 22 Dec 2019, 11:06 pm

Update....I dropped by the "track" last Saturday only to find they have added a water tank.
What's next?, Hospital, Motel, school and a Pub?
Hmmm, maybe a dose of Potassium permanganate will add some colour to their water supply :lol: :twisted:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Stix » 23 Dec 2019, 6:56 am

Got any then & now footage for us to see Elmer...?

And ehat will that do yo them or the water...?...
eill it turn the track a slippery pink colour..?...lol
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Farmerpete » 24 Dec 2019, 10:15 pm

Don't stop going it sounds like this mob are getting comfy it's inevitable that they overstep the mark sooner or later just give it time
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Dec 2019, 9:06 am

Or fluorescein. Lol
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 25 Dec 2019, 8:49 pm

Stix wrote:Got any then & now footage for us to see Elmer...?

And ehat will that do yo them or the water...?...
eill it turn the track a slippery pink colour..?...lol

Not yet Stix...it will probably disinfect them and turn the water pink.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 25 Dec 2019, 8:51 pm

Farmerpete wrote:Don't stop going it sounds like this mob are getting comfy it's inevitable that they overstep the mark sooner or later just give it time

I won't stop going Pete, that's what I'm hoping for, let them for their own grave.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 25 Dec 2019, 8:51 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Or fluorescein. Lol

Lol, with a good dose of Chloral hydrate.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Dec 2019, 9:02 pm

Elmer wrote:Lol, with a good dose of Chloral hydrate.

Now now. Thats not cricket.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 25 Dec 2019, 10:05 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Now now. Thats not cricket.

Huh...?...
Dont bring Cricket into this OB...!!!

Cricket is just full of lying cheating Kunts, that once caught out out with their lying & cheating, just agree with the string yankers (yes i sais "yankers"...but that term doubles up to mean wankers & cant be trusted kunts...!!!...) & so carry on to do a girly fukn cry,on national TV so they can continue to earn squillions through endorsements, while both denying worthy good young men an opportunity to represent our country in a dignified manner, that is at the very least, worthy of the sacrifice their great grandfathers gave for them, while also chewing up money that could otherwise be better used to mitigate the stresses of other fellow Aussies who struggle to gain employment & even pay their heating bills...!!!

AND,,,!!...Nope..!!!....i dont have any issues with regard to lying cheating rich bustards... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 25 Dec 2019, 10:20 pm

Stix wrote: Got any then & now footage for us to see Elmer...?

Elmer wrote:...Not yet Stix...it will probably disinfect them and turn the water pink.[/quote]

______

Dont disinfect them them Elmer...rather...give the disrespectful twats herpies...!!!
Better still...if youre in the chemical game...see if you can find someone to discover a territorial strain of herpies to infect them every time they go to that property... :lol: !!!!!

And...get some footage...!!!

I want to see what they've done...so try put together a clip with before & after footage--including the bunny's behaviour...!!
I intend to show some farmers,--this kind of thing could help us other good guys out too...!!...

Giving land owners a perspective of what can happen when yahoo's are let loose with liuttle supervision can only be of benefit to us eco-shooters...!!

Not to mention...showing the farmers i know may well increase the chances of me getting you out to smash some bunnies on my patch...(hopefully)..(& not that i want that, given you are a better shooter than myself & i would run the risk of being evicted in liew of you...!!!...LOL...)

:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Wombat » 25 Dec 2019, 10:30 pm

Just ask the farmer how much rent he wants for you to set up a weekender like the others have.
That'll get him looking and thinking.

BTW a dead possum in a water tank happens naturally every so often.........
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Stix » 25 Dec 2019, 10:44 pm

Wombat wrote:Just ask the farmer how much rent he wants for you to set up a weekender like the others have.

Good thinking Wombat... :clap:
Although in that country, a dead Crow or two. with the odd random Galah thrown might be a little less conspicuous... :thumbsup:
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 26 Dec 2019, 1:00 pm

Stix,
sounds like a plan....I will get some footage of the shed, tank, about 5 beaten up cars, some car parts left lying around, bbq, chairs, table, batteries, tyres and parts of the track as well.
I don't have much preapocolyptic footage and the bunnies are hard to find ( being hunted and skittish).
Muchly appreciate the possible invite to shoot on your patch,( I promise to miss a few :lol: :thumbsup: ) as I said before that extends to you as well.
Cheers.
Sean.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 26 Dec 2019, 1:03 pm

Wombat wrote:Just ask the farmer how much rent he wants for you to set up a weekender like the others have.

...he would probably agree to it
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by FNQ » 31 Dec 2019, 11:27 am

And for all these reason (posts) I wont let anyone shoot, ride, 4wd on my property without me with them.

Done it before and NEVER again.

People either get attached to MY property and feel they have some sort of ownership or they trash the paddocks, fences and upset the live stock.
Gamo CF.177, Savage A.22ss, JW15A, Savage 42 .22/.410, Stirlng .22MAG, Howa .223 stainless, Remington 770 .308, Savage AXIS .30-06, #4 MK1 .303, #4 MK2 .303,#5 .303, Akkar Churchill O/U 12ga, Chippa lever 12ga.

GSM 1911 .22, Glock 17A 9mm, Glock 34 9mm
FNQ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 31 Dec 2019, 11:36 am

Yep FNQ that's why the property owners where I am are so selective or totally against letting them on
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 31 Dec 2019, 6:02 pm

have to say l have never heard of a landowner wanting to turn his land into an amusement park before and l would never ever expect to be able to
l have found there are big differences in how landowners want you to treat there land but it would never mean to trash it :crazy:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 31 Dec 2019, 8:47 pm

Elmer wrote:Stix,
sounds like a plan....I will get some footage of the shed, tank, about 5 beaten up cars, some car parts left lying around, bbq, chairs, table, batteries, tyres and parts of the track as well..

Unbelievable.gif
Unbelievable.gif (236.38 KiB) Viewed 5283 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 01 Jan 2020, 1:13 pm

Which part mate, the footage or all the s**t lying around?
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Jan 2020, 1:52 pm

Elmer wrote:Which part mate, the footage or all the s**t lying around?

What they are doing and the s**t lying around. I cant believe they are still there. FMD
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 02 Jan 2020, 1:12 pm

Still there mate, probably the only thing that would get them kicked off is if they started a fire.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control