What does it for you?

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: What does it for you?

Post by MalleeFarmer » 07 Feb 2020, 5:11 pm

It depends entirely what I was carrying if I had my 6SLR loaded with 105 Amax projectiles and was out for foxes I’d leave me pig alone because I wouldn’t be comfortable shooting a pig with the amax. If I was out shooting pigs and the fox popped up I’d still shoot the pig.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by brinny » 08 Feb 2020, 7:52 am

As a fox shooter....it would always be the fox first or me....BUT....given that i hunt with thermal....fair chance both might have bitten the dust....
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 08 Feb 2020, 11:57 am

At that particular paddock the foxes hang around the cattle yards all night every night .....so not getting those 4 foxes that night was fine by me .... I have since been back at least half dozen times and cleaned up all the foxes ...... now at the cattle yards unfortunately there is no more foxes for me to shoot. I have nobody to blame but myself. But a few kilometres away in my pig paddocks at the beginning of a week long hunt the foxes are usually hidden in the thick scrub. Then after dropping half dozen pigs randomly in the open cultivation paddocks I start to notice foxes either on my dead pigs or travelling towards them .... so it’s just a matter of getting within range
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control