Early Summer Bunnies.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Early Summer Bunnies.

Post by Elmer » 08 Dec 2019, 4:07 pm

I needed a few Bunnies for the pot so I took out the trusty.223 and whacked a few in the head, plus a scrawny fox in very poor condition.
A very warm cloudless day, lucky there was a nice shady tree, the day started of with a nice gentle breeze but at around 6 the "normal" windy conditions took hold.
Mirage was a bitch especially around 3, and the hay rolls were useful for them to hide behind.
Anyway, it was good to get behind the butt again.
P.S this post is a little more cheery than my last :thumbsup:
cheers,
Sean.

https://youtu.be/rGRUmcpQx4c
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Re: Early Summer Bunnies.

Post by Stix » 08 Dec 2019, 5:29 pm

Good stuff... :thumbsup:

Did you get a clip of the carnage your fellow "renters" have left...?

Was that yesterday Elmer...?

I was out tin the mallee as well yesterday, trying to do some load testing because the BOM said bugger all wind...Well i didnt get out there till after lunch time, & late afternoon, shooting the same direction as you, i fired the first of the last 3 shot group & the wind picked up...& BOY did it pick up...!!...

Needless to say, my last group that i "think" is around the winning mark, has sprayed across the page...and i got some crunchy sand for a little extra tooth polishing in my sanga for the ride home...

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 08 Dec 2019, 6:04 pm

Stix wrote:Good stuff... :thumbsup:

Did you get a clip of the carnage your fellow "renters" have left...?

Was that yesterday Elmer...?

I was out tin the mallee as well yesterday, trying to do some load testing because the BOM said bugger all wind...Well i didnt get out there till after lunch time, & late afternoon, shooting the same direction as you, i fired the first of the last 3 shot group & the wind picked up...& BOY did it pick up...!!...

Needless to say, my last group that i "think" is around the winning mark, has sprayed across the page...and i got some crunchy sand for a little extra tooth polishing in my sanga for the ride home...

Thanks Stix, no mate but I just might do that so I can share my joy with the forum.
Yeah lol, good ol BOM , I don't know how many times I've gone out there in forecast calm conditions, only to have my camera blown over ,My Anemometer blown off the roof and like you a gritty sandwich.
A bloke at work told me about some guy on fb that does weather forecasting and he is spot on, even up to four days in advance.
It was pretty blowy, but I'm used to it...I find it harder to shoot in a variable gentle breeze.
That last group could be a winner, blame the lateral spread on th wind...if it was vertical , more tuning needs to be done.
cheers.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by marksman » 08 Dec 2019, 6:16 pm

as always its a real pleasure to watch your vids Elmer :thumbsup:
very good shooting :drinks: good to see you are getting into it :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 08 Dec 2019, 8:27 pm

marksman wrote:as always its a real pleasure to watch your vids Elmer :thumbsup:
very good shooting :drinks: good to see you are getting into it :thumbsup:

Thanks marksman, the past few months have made it tough to find them due to plenty of thick pasture covering the wardens.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 14 Dec 2019, 8:51 pm

Elmer wrote:Thanks marksman, the past few months have made it tough to find them due to plenty of thick pasture covering the wardens.

???????
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought you were on the outside.
But while the "wardens" are covered in pasture,,,,,,,,, maybe you could make a break for it. :lol:

I know what you meant Mate, but I couldn't help myself.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Elmer » 15 Dec 2019, 10:41 am

Lol, it's the only prison where inmates are allowed guns. :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 15 Dec 2019, 11:38 am

Yes Elmer as always good to watch your vids mate even though I get down in the dumps when I watch them if only I could shoot like that but keep it going mate it's a good watch
Member-Deleted

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control