Cheeky little pig.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Cheeky little pig.

Post by Die Judicii » 17 May 2020, 11:23 am

Yesterday afternoon I was out and about looking to set up a camera in the quest for another dog.
In an area where there are quite a few very fresh dog prints.
I found the type of spot best suited for the camera, and laid the rifle on a tree stump about one and a half meters away,, and got down on
hands and knees while I strapped the camera to a large tree limb laying on the ground.

I'm in the process of entering the pass word,,,,,,, when I hear the soft oinking of a pig right behind me.
I look back over my shoulder, and there about 8 meters away was a half grown multi colored pig.

As I watched it threw itself onto its side in a wallow right on the edge of the water.

Dammmmmm, I couldn't reach the rifle, and started to slowly edge (still on hands and knees) toward my rifle.

I got to just being in the process of closing my hand around the pistol grip,,,, and Miss Piggy decided to depart the scene, and disappeared.

Thems the breaks I spose.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Cheeky little pig.

Post by Blr243 » 17 May 2020, 11:55 am

Cheeky pig would have been good dog bait for the waterhole / camera set up
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control