Anyone eaten fox? (just asking)

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Anyone eaten fox? (just asking)

Post by 1290 » 06 Apr 2014, 9:46 am

I watched a report, could have been 60mins, where the kids hunted spiders, I think they were Tarantulas, they would then bbq them and eat them as it was thee ONLY source of protein.... almost brought a tears to my eyes to think the kids are that desperate(especially considering the $$$ the world has been pumping into the developing world for years....

I think eating insects, or Fox or dog or cat is just that - sheer desperation. This BS about adopting an insect diet as they are a great source of protein... just another extremist environmentalist ploy to reduce or stop us farming livestock "to save ourselves from ourselves, before the globe is destroyed by flatulent cows...

I'll keep my bovine/ovine/piscine/porcine diet. Thanks.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Westy » 07 Apr 2014, 6:17 pm

1290 wrote:When approaching this trapped fox.... from about 5m I started smelling the stench. Skinning increases the stench. You can NOT eat it.

Now are you sure it was the fox that was stinkink up the place? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Varmtr » 08 Apr 2014, 3:23 pm

I wish I could find a photo I took of a fox I shot that was having breakfast on a fox I shot the night before hanging on the fence.

But back to the OP. Yes I have meet a guy who has eaten fox and been spotlighting with him, he was on the old Shooting Australia forum before it got shut down. He did tell me that he did like it, not sure on his cooking style. I wont mention his name.

But who here eats wild pig or croc they eat bloody anything and everything. So I supposed it depends on how it's cooked.

For me fox ummm no, I'll just hydraulic them with the 22-250.
Varmtr
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 08 Apr 2014, 3:31 pm

Westy wrote:Now are you sure it was the fox that was stinkink up the place? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dunno... It was shower week :D
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Swarm » 08 Apr 2014, 7:17 pm

1290 wrote:I dunno... It was shower week :D

Every week? Well... Someone's fancy :P

:lol:
Sako 75 Hunter IV 6.5x55 SE with Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm
CZ 455 .22LR with Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm CDS
Winchester 88 .284 Winchester
Swarm
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Kelix » 08 Apr 2014, 7:18 pm

Varmtr wrote:But who here eats wild pig or croc they eat bloody anything and everything. So I supposed it depends on how it's cooked.

I've had croc few times. Tasted Ok to me.

Dunno if it was wild or farmed? Dunno how they do crocs for food...

Probably wild?
Kelix
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 09 Apr 2014, 8:47 am

Kelix wrote:I've had croc few times. Tasted Ok to me.

Dunno if it was wild or farmed? Dunno how they do crocs for food...

Probably wild?

Must have tasted like chicken... Isn't that what farmed croc are fed?

No way wild - There's no wild harvesting allowed here, only culling when they take a human to show that 'they' are keeping the places safe :evil:

Like roo shooting in Vic.... not fit for human consumption apparently, they prefer we feed our kids Maccas... and preservative enriched food in a bag :?
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Press » 10 Apr 2014, 10:05 pm

1290 wrote:Like roo shooting in Vic.... not fit for human consumption apparently, they prefer we feed our kids Maccas... and preservative enriched food in a bag :?

That's because the roo have been outside and stuff. "Gross"... :roll:
Howa 'bout it?

Howa Hunter 308
Marlin 444
Howa Talon 25-06
Winchester 1900 22LR
Press
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control