Winter Bunnies.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Winter Bunnies.

Post by Elmer » 05 Jul 2020, 4:17 pm

Well it was time to take the 22-250 for a shoot, the conditions were calm then it all turned to s**t, apart from a few adult "breeding stock" which were allowed to breed another day, the only targets that were in reasonable numbers were this years kits( some not even half grown).
This made it even more challenging with the wind picking up to around 20-25 kph...the shortest range was 340yds up to 500yds and yes i missed a few as well, but that was the guns fault not mine :lol: :thumbsup:
When the conditions were calm i had to remember to add two clicks to the left when shooting past 350 to allow for spin drift and also reset the elevation turret to two clicks lower for the cold damp climate and only after the adjustments were made did i start hitting them.
The 55gn pill was starting to struggle past 400 in the gusty wind and the last one hit in the head (I think) at 500 was more a fluke than precision sniping :P , anyways, I hope you enjoy the vid .
cheers,
Sean
https://youtu.be/NWAYzUiWEfk
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Re: Winter Bunnies.

Post by marksman » 05 Jul 2020, 4:46 pm

a pleasure to watch, great shooting sean :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Jul 2020, 7:25 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 05 Jul 2020, 8:39 pm

:thumbsup:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control