Vic fox/dog bounty....

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Vic fox/dog bounty....

Post by brinny » 03 Aug 2020, 9:32 pm

Anyone get turned away at the bounty collection points this week.....
Got a bloke posted on my FB group says he drove just on an hour to Bendigo today,only to be told at the gate that it was cancelled.....He wasnt a happy camper...
Another bloke was saying that he was told by the DPI, that any that has been handed in previously, wont be paid for now and just go to establish vermin numbers...
Can anyone shed some light on this also???
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Vic fox/dog bounty....

Post by bladeracer » 03 Aug 2020, 9:51 pm

brinny wrote:Anyone get turned away at the bounty collection points this week.....
Got a bloke posted on my FB group says he drove just on an hour to Bendigo today,only to be told at the gate that it was cancelled.....He wasnt a happy camper...
Another bloke was saying that he was told by the DPI, that any that has been handed in previously, wont be paid for now and just go to establish vermin numbers...
Can anyone shed some light on this also???

Was a post on FB that they have suspended collections. Just have to save them a bit longer.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by boingk » 03 Aug 2020, 9:53 pm

brinny wrote:Can anyone shed some light on this also???

Thats some Grade A BS right there. Wow. I hope its not true or DPI is going to have a hellava lot of angry people on their hands.

Pretty sure under the contractual agreement they also must pay the ones already returned.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by bladeracer » 03 Aug 2020, 10:07 pm

boingk wrote:

Thats some Grade A BS right there. Wow. I hope its not true or DPI is going to have a hellava lot of angry people on their hands.

Pretty sure under the contractual agreement they also must pay the ones already returned.

- boingk

You signed a contract?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by brinny » 03 Aug 2020, 10:10 pm

boingk wrote:

- boingk

Thats what i would have thought mate....He may have misheard what the bloke from the DPI was saying.....Hope so anyway...
I have a couple of hundred in the freezer i was going to take down this month....
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Pudlux » 04 Aug 2020, 8:14 pm

Dept of Ag site says that fox/dog bounty collections are suspended until further notice and hunters should keep scalps etc in freezer until system recommences.

https://agriculture.vic.gov.au/biosecur ... conditions
Pudlux
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control