South Australia - any good blokes out there?

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: South Australia - any good blokes out there?

Post by Blr243 » 25 Aug 2020, 9:39 pm

ELATION is the only way to describe The feeling of an invite to a new place
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Aug 2020, 9:42 pm

JHB wrote:Just got a pleasant surprise guys. Been contacted by a lovely lady about an hours drive from me. Apparently her property is being infested with rabbits, and foxes have taken several new born lambs.
By the sounds of the rabbit numbers I might be turning the tables and asking for someone to help me rather than the other way round!!.
Will let you know how I go.

So, how did you manage that?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 25 Aug 2020, 10:17 pm

Well done - take the advice of others and look after / protect this privilege just as they do...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by JHB » 26 Aug 2020, 11:31 am

Oldbloke wrote:
JHB wrote:Just got a pleasant surprise guys. Been contacted by a lovely lady about an hours drive from me. Apparently her property is being infested with rabbits, and foxes have taken several new born lambs.
By the sounds of the rabbit numbers I might be turning the tables and asking for someone to help me rather than the other way round!!.

So, how did you manage that?

Charm and boyish good looks I guess Oldbloke ;-)
JHB
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 26 Aug 2020, 1:18 pm

Jhb. Prepare yourself for the questions U are likely to receive eg ,BRO , NEXT TME U GO HUNTING , DO U MIND I COME TOO ?.... sometimes it’s easy to say no. Other times If u don’t want to offend anyone ....u can just say. The owner of the land won’t let me bring anyone along .....that’s direct and polite enough
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JHB » 26 Aug 2020, 7:43 pm

Blr243 wrote:Jhb. Prepare yourself for the questions U are likely to receive eg ,BRO , NEXT TME U GO HUNTING , DO U MIND I COME TOO ?.... sometimes it’s easy to say no. Other times If u don’t want to offend anyone ....u can just say. The owner of the land won’t let me bring anyone along .....that’s direct and polite enough

Taken on board Blr243!! And actually very close to the truth. This lady has already said that has been a problem in the past - asking one guy to help out and the next thing she knew there was crowds of blokes she had never met wandering all over her land. Will be sure to treat the access with respect mate.
JHB
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Skinna » 29 Aug 2020, 4:16 pm

Im down to only one or 2 bunny's in the freezer now, so i could go a few.

A few young'ins will do just dandy--3/4 to just on full grown if i can be fussy. :)
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control