The Goannas are out and about.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: The Goannas are out and about.

Post by Blr243 » 29 Aug 2020, 2:11 pm

As much as toads are a pest they are a living animal and should be killed humanely .....I usually chop their heads off. Sticking them in a freezer or pouring dettol on them is disgusting behaviour
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 29 Aug 2020, 2:17 pm

The problem is blr I'm not sure they're a pest anymore,
I believe their spread should be stopped but in the areas they've infested they've sort of become part of the ecology, they've been so successful in out competing the frog when they suddenly disappear there's nothing left to take their place
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 29 Aug 2020, 4:27 pm

Farmerpete wrote:The problem is blr I'm not sure they're a pest anymore,
I believe their spread should be stopped but in the areas they've infested they've sort of become part of the ecology, they've been so successful in out competing the frog when they suddenly disappear there's nothing left to take their place

Thanks for that update re the "virus" Mate.
I hadn't seen anything on the news about it, and believe it should've made headlines.

As for them ? not being a pest anymore,,,, they are nonetheless an introduced specie that does NO favors for our ecology.
I for one believe they should be totally obliterated in Australia.
And,,, hopefully there are still enough of our decimated native frogs etc out there to breed up and bounce back in the Toads absence.

However,,,,,,, that being said, the science boffins made a major blunder when the toads were first released in Australia, in that they didn't even have the "original" desired effect against the cane beetle.
Here's hoping the "virus" released now ONLY affects the cane toads,,,,,,,, and not the last remnants of our native frogs.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 29 Aug 2020, 8:59 pm

cane toads should be relentlessly killed and exterminated.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control