Biggest pig you’ve ever seen??

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Biggest pig you’ve ever seen??

Post by deanp100 » 14 Oct 2020, 7:20 am

Blr243 wrote:Deans story of two much salt water in the heat reminds me of the time midday. Super hot October cape York. Walking the soft white sandy creek beds with intermittent waterholes. Generally only time I see fresh water crocs up there is their eyes at night with a torch But in the extreme heat I remember seeing a few crocs on the daytime on land sun baking but I avoided them and just kept looking for boars ...eventually I turned around and came back along the same creek and eventually made it back to the Ute. But walking back to my Ute along the creek this time I saw no crocs. I was pushing myself real hard in the hot weather. To this day I really don’t know weather I actually saw crocs or not. Been to the cape may times. Never see crocs on the banks before this. Perhaps the heat was frying my brain. It’s hard to comprehend how in that condition I could function and hunt Ok but hallucinate as well.

I do a territory trip every year but avoid the real bad heat, but after hearing of how Jenno died up there when he had food and water and a locator beacon and didn’t know he was in trouble I am very very cautious.
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 14 Oct 2020, 6:07 pm

Biggest one I ever saw stood about 6'8" tall and must've weighed at least 165KG, Was amazed they made uniforms in that size.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Yoyoyo » 01 Oct 2021, 9:10 am

Got one 30 years ago with dogs up at Cape York. Weight 90kg with the internals removed weighed at the chillers. It was my 2nd ever pig and a young Aboriginal ringer showed me how to flip it on its side. Very addictive.
Yoyoyo
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 01 Oct 2021, 11:21 pm

I’m currently enroute to th cape Just pulled over for a camp on roadside South of rocky the stars are out ‘ it’s not deadly quiet there are crickets and owls hooting big trucks occasionally rolling by like thunder ... ... Wishing I had a thicker mattress and my dogs breath was not so bad A bunch old rags for a pillow and just an old tarp instead of sheets and doona . Living the dream. Not expecting any huge boars up north. Mind find some fatties on the swamps ... hoping for some good Tuskers and golden dingoes... time will tell
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 02 Oct 2021, 6:51 am

Blr243 wrote:I’m currently enroute to th cape Just pulled over for a camp on roadside South of rocky the stars are out ‘ it’s not deadly quiet there are crickets and owls hooting big trucks occasionally rolling by like thunder ... ... Wishing I had a thicker mattress and my dogs breath was not so bad A bunch old rags for a pillow and just an old tarp instead of sheets and doona . Living the dream. Not expecting any huge boars up north. Mind find some fatties on the swamps ... hoping for some good Tuskers and golden dingoes... time will tell

good luck mate , enjoy stuff like this NOW . it's no good when your old saying "wish i hada done that when i was younger ....." :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 02 Oct 2021, 7:42 pm

Was bloody cold in the swag last night but I just put in a huge day behind the steering wheel so now I’m north of Townsville so tropics and tonight’s probably gonna b too warm if anything
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Harrynsw » 03 Oct 2021, 12:32 pm

Blr243 wrote:I’m currently enroute to th cape Just pulled over for a camp on roadside South of rocky the stars are out ‘ it’s not deadly quiet there are crickets and owls hooting big trucks occasionally rolling by like thunder ... ... Wishing I had a thicker mattress and my dogs breath was not so bad A bunch old rags for a pillow and just an old tarp instead of sheets and doona . Living the dream. Not expecting any huge boars up north. Mind find some fatties on the swamps ... hoping for some good Tuskers and golden dingoes... time will tell

Living the dream
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control