Mixed results

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Mixed results

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Dec 2020, 9:05 pm

For at least the last 12 months, pigs, and feral dogs seem to have taken a nose dive,, but mainly the pigs.
Not just in my stomping grounds, but also south into northern NSW,, and as well further north into Queensland.
In general the same story is heard from many different people in the aforementioned areas.

Where have they gone to and or what has happened to these critters ??

No-one seems to have any definite answers.

For me, the nights I go out have become mundane and boring with little to no feral activity.

But, as the topic header says, I have Mixed results.
I have just recently procured access to yet another property,, and it appears to have some feral dog activity.
So,,,,,,, here's hoping I hit some pay dirt again. :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Mixed results

Post by Ferrisweil » 04 Dec 2020, 9:57 pm

Weird one mate but maybe they’ve all run to my area. Hasn’t slowed down at all, in fact, it’s getting better.
Since the rain at the start of year that we got, and the potential for crop, pig numbers boomed. Now it’s drying out and all those numbers are concentrating in certain areas.
Last few months have been really good for me...
Ferrisweil
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 05 Dec 2020, 9:31 am

I seen none in nine months
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 05 Dec 2020, 10:49 am

kung flu got em :lol:

not that l really know but down this way they move around quite a lot :unknown:
but how farken boring for you DJ :wtf: a good time to spend your savings on a really long range rig :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Dec 2020, 10:05 pm

marksman wrote:kung flu got em :lol:

not that l really know but down this way they move around quite a lot :unknown:
but how farken boring for you DJ :wtf: a good time to spend your savings on a really long range rig :drinks:

And what would you be suggesting Mate ??
Anything extra right at this moment would REALLY be stretching things as I only just lashed out (again) :thumbsdown: Somebody stop me....
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Dec 2020, 10:08 pm

Went out to the latest property access tonight,,, and got something really different. :lol:

A wet Rse. :thumbsdown:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control