Sahara Bunnies .223 style.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Sahara Bunnies .223 style.

Post by Elmer » 18 Jan 2021, 10:07 pm

Hi fellas,
yup, Bunnies are scarce , I mean REAL scarce , thanks to two new shooters on my patch.
The last three Bunnies were taken on my once "Premium patch" it took three trips to get those, I bumped into my new "mates" and they told me they shot sixty from my patch in one sitting, all of them last years spring kits.....GRRRR
Great news for the farmers, but ****** for me...does anyone know of a spell I can cast upon them to f*** them off ?
Anyway, its been bloody hot and very windy so the range was kept to under 350yds , the mirage was an abortion and f*** knows why I went out there lol
I hope you all enjoy the the vid as much as I enjoyed a new crop of Melanomas lol....Just kidding fellas.
cheers,
Sean.
https://youtu.be/0IRErMnhvGs
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Re: Sahara Bunnies .223 style.

Post by JimTom » 19 Jan 2021, 1:15 pm

Nice shooting once again mate. Sorry to hear that those blokes shot your patch out.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 19 Jan 2021, 2:32 pm

You lucky bugger. There are heaps of bunnies in various parts of the Sydney metro area, and not one to be shot at. :(
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Elmer » 19 Jan 2021, 2:33 pm

JimTom wrote:Nice shooting once again mate. Sorry to hear that those blokes shot your patch out.

Thanks Jim,
Yes its very annoying, it used to be a fantastic property, not anymore.
What also s**ts me is they have two other properties to go on which are riddled with rabbits, yet they continue to hammer my patch.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by JimTom » 19 Jan 2021, 3:57 pm

Yep not ideal at all mate.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 19 Jan 2021, 7:33 pm

There's no shortage of rabbits where I do most of my shooting.
The property owner was having a light hearted dig at me about not doing enough shooting there, joked that he can walk around in bare feet because everywhere he steps there's a fury animal to stand on. :lol: [*]

Great shooting Elmer ;)
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 20 Jan 2021, 9:06 am

on_one_wheel wrote:There's no shortage of rabbits where I do most of my shooting.
The property owner was having a light hearted dig at me about not doing enough shooting there, joked that he can walk around in bare feet because everywhere he steps there's a fury animal to stand on. :lol: [*]
Now mate dont be greedy...Its obvious you need me to help you thin out them Bunnies :) :thumbsup:

Great shooting Elmer ;)
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by NTSOG » 21 Jan 2021, 9:08 am

Elmer: "Bunnies are scarce , I mean REAL scarce ..."

Scarce? You don't know the meaning of the word: in the last 7 years on and around my property and on other neighbouring properties [on which I have permission to shoot] I have seen about four and shot one. There have been some hares though which the dog likes.

I don't know whether it's the myxo or the calici bug. Across the nearby river about a mile away there are lots of bunnies and the closer you get to town the more you see but the beggars can't be shot. The populations are really patchy.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 21 Jan 2021, 1:10 pm

NTSOG wrote:Elmer: "Bunnies are scarce , I mean REAL scarce ..."

Scarce? You don't know the meaning of the word: in the last 7 years on and around my property and on other neighbouring properties [on which I have permission to shoot] I have seen about four and shot one. There have been some hares though which the dog likes.

I don't know whether it's the myxo or the calici bug. Across the nearby river about a mile away there are lots of bunnies and the closer you get to town the more you see but the beggars can't be shot. The populations are really patchy.

Jim

No probs mate, Iwill help you thin out those four Bunnies :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Ziege » 21 Jan 2021, 1:24 pm

no chance of shooting out patches of bunnies here, there are none after each release of calici virus.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by NTSOG » 21 Jan 2021, 2:17 pm

Elmer: "No probs mate, I will help you thin out those four Bunnies "

No fear. You stay in SA. I've watched enough of your videos to know you don't miss anything within 800 yards in weather conditions so extreme that only 'mad dogs and Englishmen' would venture out.

As a lad I grew up driving VW Beatles so I do like your shooting rest. What year is it?

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Kaos » 21 Jan 2021, 3:32 pm

What brand of rifle is that?
Kaos
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 22 Jan 2021, 9:32 am

NTSOG wrote:Elmer: "No probs mate, I will help you thin out those four Bunnies "

No fear. You stay in SA. I've watched enough of your videos to know you don't miss anything within 800 yards in weather conditions so extreme that only 'mad dogs and Englishmen' would venture out.

As a lad I grew up driving VW Beatles so I do like your shooting rest. What year is it?

Jim
:lol: ....The VW is a 74 superbug (with plastic dash) and a 1.6lt engine.
My Mum bought it brand new and has been in the family ever since.
Its getting pretty tired now its on its last legs.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Jan 2021, 10:26 am

Elmer wrote:
NTSOG wrote:Elmer: "No probs mate, I will help you thin out those four Bunnies "

Jim
:lol: ....The VW is a 74 superbug (with plastic dash) and a 1.6lt engine.

Don't let the bug die, as they say, "we have the technology, we can rebuild" 8-)
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Jan 2021, 8:09 am

Elmer wrote: :lol: ....The VW is a 74 superbug (with plastic dash) and a 1.6lt engine.

I had a 56 beetle for about 18 months. Small rear window. Lol
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control