Six with the 22-250.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Six with the 22-250.

Post by Elmer » 07 Mar 2021, 10:18 pm

Hi Fellas,
took the 22-250 out for an excursion at the depleted patch, this vid is the result of three trips, the first two and last three were at the depleted patch and the third was at a new permission (which I was doing more recon than shooting) :thumbsup:
The first two were shot in near Cyclone winds, I was planning on starting at the 400yd mark but in those winds that was wishful thinking, the next four were taken in almost calm conditions.
Calm conditions where I shoot are extremely rare, what a pleasure it was to not have the ear wax blown out of my ears, the only variable I had to nut out was spin drift, which at the 400 plus mt range, I had to dial three clicks to the left to offset.
I have managed to secure another 4000 acres with a another 2000 possibly on the way, this area is very Rabbity with sandy bush patches surrounded by cleared paddocks for crop growing.
The owner told me they went out for a bit of a shoot a couple of weeks ago and spotted six Foxes, he also told me they have Goats on there too.
Anyway, this has been a real pick me up, for the the past few years I have steadily watched my hunting patch get depleted by the new shooters, what makes it even sweeter is that I asked the owner on my new patch if my new hunting buddies have asked him for permission, he said hes pretty sure they had BUT he said NO :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: .
Well I hope all enjoy the vid, there will be more coming from the new patch and of course the old one, if there is anything left.
cheers,
Sean.
https://youtu.be/_zin841k4Es
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Re: Six with the 22-250.

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Mar 2021, 12:09 am

Really good to see you've got a new patch of dirt Mate, :thumbsup: :clap: ;)
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 08 Mar 2021, 10:36 am

Hi Elmer. could you show a bit more of the beautiful VW in he Videos; that way the partner will watch them with me.
PS. Great shooting by the way..
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 08 Mar 2021, 12:08 pm

That there is some mighty fine shootin!
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by JimTom » 08 Mar 2021, 6:48 pm

Nice work once again mate.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Elmer » 08 Mar 2021, 7:17 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Really good to see you've got a new patch of dirt Mate, :thumbsup: :clap: ;)

Cheers DJ, yeah its,a big relief.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 08 Mar 2021, 7:18 pm

JimTom wrote:Nice work once again mate.

Thanks Jim. :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 08 Mar 2021, 7:20 pm

Bugman wrote:That there is some mighty fine shootin!

Cheers BM, I've had my first calm day for the year, only two more to go :lol: :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 08 Mar 2021, 7:22 pm

RoginaJack wrote:Hi Elmer. could you show a bit more of the beautiful VW in he Videos; that way the partner will watch them with me.
PS. Great shooting by the way..

No probs mate, she's a bit rough but still goes....only just.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 09 Mar 2021, 12:29 am

Elmer wrote:Cheers BM, I've had my first calm day for the year, only two more to go :lol: :thumbsup:

Just talk to ya local friendly GP and get some of them thar little yellow pills,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Then you can have CALM days any time you want,,,,,,,,,,,
Dunno bout the effects on accuracy tho ??? :unknown:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Jimmy01 » 23 May 2021, 2:08 pm

Got a 22-250 myself and I couldn’t be happier. Over 20 years old and still shooting foxes at 250
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless."
Jimmy01
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 23 May 2021, 4:30 pm

Jimmy01 wrote:Got a 22-250 myself and I couldn’t be happier. Over 20 years old and still shooting foxes at 250

Agreed , even as a senior citizen it still has GRUNT there's not much in the .22 cal range that s**ts on :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Vicko » 16 Jun 2021, 5:47 pm

Crikey. Some 22-250 love there. I was pretty ignorant of the caliber. Thats some decent shooting.
I'm about to give an old winchester model 70 XTR heavy barrel a birthday and see if I can get it to shoot (Ive only put one round through it), so will see how I go.
If I can get anything like that sort of accuracy I might need to find a longer practise range!
Vicko
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control