I think I'm spoilt.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

I think I'm spoilt.

Post by Die Judicii » 30 Apr 2021, 4:31 pm

I the last 5 days I've received 4 phone calls from land owners I've never met before.
All of whom are asking me to come get rid of ferals on their properties.

Seems the old Bush Telegraph is alive and well.

Now I have to do extra shifts behind the scope,,,, whereas there are people who are struggling to find anywhere to hunt.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: I think I'm spoilt.

Post by Larry » 30 Apr 2021, 4:41 pm

I think your setup screams professional and I am sure you conduct yourself the same way. That is what gets people talking when a job is well done.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 30 Apr 2021, 5:11 pm

Larry wrote:I think your setup screams professional and I am sure you conduct yourself the same way. That is what gets people talking when a job is well done.

Yes, his Ute is the taj mahal of shooting set ups. Lol
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 30 Apr 2021, 6:20 pm

Good for him, and yes I am jealous.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by deanp100 » 30 Apr 2021, 6:40 pm

Just for interest sake what sort of areas are asking? Are they sheep men asking for foxes and dogs, grain guys for pigs and Roos or far west for all of the above.
Cheers
Deano
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 30 Apr 2021, 8:26 pm

I’m guessing sheep men with feral dogs, perhaps some cattlemen with same pests .......some Graziers give up on sheep because of dogs but some just love sheep so much they never give up and just keep marching on
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 30 Apr 2021, 8:41 pm

cant say I am struggling for places to shoot, over 6 million acres of aussie land for me to throw lead around on is enough for any man.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Die Judicii » 04 May 2021, 6:52 pm

deanp100 wrote:Just for interest sake what sort of areas are asking? Are they sheep men asking for foxes and dogs, grain guys for pigs and Roos or far west for all of the above.
Cheers
Deano

Yeah Mate,,,, most of my clients/customers run sheep of differing breeds.
Some run just goats,,,,,,, and then some run both goats and sheep.
I do also have several places that run cattle only, but still want feral dogs removed from the equation.
And,,,, wherever there are pigs I always clean them away as well.
Foxes receive the same treatment, but mostly secondary to the ever present feral dogs.

Roos I do not do.
:drinks:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 04 May 2021, 7:00 pm

Thanks one and all for your kind comments/opinions.
As I do not frequent pubs, bet on horses, sport, or play the pokies,,, I simply enjoy the outdoors serenity, and do what I do,, to the best of my ability.
As a result I meet many and varied families,,,, and have made quite a few really good friends which is a great bonus at the end of each day.

:thumbsup:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 04 May 2021, 7:12 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Thanks one and all for your kind comments/opinions.
As I do not frequent pubs, bet on horses, sport, or play the pokies,,, I simply enjoy the outdoors serenity, and do what I do,, to the best of my ability.
As a result I meet many and varied families,,,, and have made quite a few really good friends which is a great bonus at the end of each day.

:thumbsup:

you sound like a good ambassador for shooters and all round good bloke . keep up the good work :thumbsup:

and yes, you are spoilt :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Elmer » 07 May 2021, 9:53 pm

Congrats DJ,
I wish I had that kind of luck here
Was out last Saturday scanned for nearly six hours, spotted three Bunnies...truly blessed
The days of plenty have vanished, every time I go to the old property I end up getting very pissed off when I think about how good it was :cry: .
Out of two trips I have spotted 5 Bunnies and shot none.
Take care mate
Sean
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 07 May 2021, 10:35 pm

Elmer wrote:Congrats DJ,
I wish I had that kind of luck here
Was out last Saturday scanned for nearly six hours, spotted three Bunnies...truly blessed
The days of plenty have vanished, every time I go to the old property I end up getting very pissed off when I think about how good it was :cry: .
Out of two trips I have spotted 5 Bunnies and shot none.
Take care mate
Sean

Cheers M8,,
PM sent.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control