Illegal hunting.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Illegal hunting.

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Oct 2021, 5:00 pm

The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Illegal hunting.

Post by bladeracer » 03 Oct 2021, 5:12 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Some people simply don't learn.

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/lates ... 20offences

I hope our hunting organisations made some effort to educate the author of this article that it's not hunting if it's not lawful, it is poaching.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 03 Oct 2021, 5:16 pm

He’ll learn now. Rangers will seize everything related. There goes his vehicle.
I don’t understand the unlicensed hunter reference though. He’s not using firearms.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 03 Oct 2021, 5:25 pm

womble wrote:He’ll learn now. Rangers will seize everything related. There goes his vehicle.
I don’t understand the unlicensed hunter reference though. He’s not using firearms.

Hunting doesn't require the use of firearms or bows, you can use knives.
Being unlicenced in NSW probably applies to not having the required hunting licences for public land?

The R-Licence specifies Firearms, Blackpowder, Bows, Dogs.
Not sure that it specifies that blackpowder only allows use in a firearm, perhaps you can blow them up?
https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/597745/form-a1-standard-restricted-licence-application.pdf
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 03 Oct 2021, 6:10 pm

I see. R licence.
Well thats not hard to get. Guess he was just a dumbass
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 04 Oct 2021, 12:05 am

I suppose that in a way it was considerate of this guy to film his own illegal activities and then post them online for the police to gather up and use against him in court. He's made their job easier, the court case will be shorter and lots of tax $ saved all round.

I don't know why people still think that social media posts are private in any way, even if they are only set as shared with specific people.
For anyone here, if you so make an online post relating to firearms behave as if a copy would be automatically forwarded to your state's weapons licensing section, and that includes this site.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 04 Oct 2021, 12:52 am

rc42 wrote:I suppose that in a way it was considerate of this guy to film his own illegal activities and then post them online for the police to gather up and use against him in court. He's made their job easier, the court case will be shorter and lots of tax $ saved all round.

I don't know why people still think that social media posts are private in any way, even if they are only set as shared with specific people.
For anyone here, if you so make an online post relating to firearms behave as if a copy would be automatically forwarded to your state's weapons licensing section, and that includes this site.

it goes further than that, new powers being awarded to federal police and asio will allow them to not only access your online personas and accounts without a warrant, but also allows them to control and edit/manipulate your online profiles, posts, data and so on, social media is a big no no, stay off it, its bad.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Oct 2021, 1:28 am

ZaineB wrote:
rc42 wrote:it goes further than that, new powers being awarded to federal police and asio will allow them to not only access your online personas and accounts without a warrant, but also allows them to control and edit/manipulate your online profiles, posts, data and so on, social media is a big no no, stay off it, its bad.

So,,,,,,,,,,,,,, your gonna sign off once and for all Mate :unknown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Oct 2021, 1:33 am

rc42 wrote:I suppose that in a way it was considerate of this guy to film his own illegal activities and then post them online for the police to gather up and use against him in court. He's made their job easier, the court case will be shorter and lots of tax $ saved all round.

So I take it that I should not continue posting about or using my recent black market purchase of an Apache Helicopter complete with missiles,,,,, for the hunting of feral boars and dogs ? :lol: :lol:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 04 Oct 2021, 2:06 am

ZaineB wrote:

it goes further than that, new powers being awarded to federal police and asio will allow them to not only access your online personas and accounts without a warrant, but also allows them to control and edit/manipulate your online profiles, posts, data and so on, social media is a big no no, stay off it, its bad.

Anything you post online anywhere is always liable to unwanted access, assume it is in the public domain or don't put it online, anywhere.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ZaineB » 04 Oct 2021, 2:19 am

bladeracer wrote:
ZaineB wrote:

Anything you post online anywhere is always liable to unwanted access, assume it is in the public domain or don't put it online, anywhere.

im assuming that youre not trying to minimize my statement, these are new overreaching powers that I am not sorry to say the government doesnt have any right making, its not the same as its on the internet so its forever type rhetoric, this is them having the power to manipulate and access your personal accounts with zero warrant. this is far from it being merely existing in cyberspace, they can now, without a warrant, edit/add whatever they want to your profile/posts. this is not the same as regular old issues with privacy.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Oct 2021, 2:40 am

[quote

im assuming that youre not trying to minimize my statement, these are new overreaching powers that I am not sorry to say the government doesnt have any right making, its not the same as its on the internet so its forever type rhetoric, this is them having the power to manipulate and access your personal accounts with zero warrant. this is far from it being merely existing in cyberspace, they can now, without a warrant, edit/add whatever they want to your profile/posts. this is not the same as regular old issues with privacy.[/quote]

I for one fully appreciate what you are saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
merely making light of an otherwise serious subject/topic
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 5:23 am

ZaineB wrote:

That is extrordary. Show me.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 04 Oct 2021, 7:04 am

Post up some proof mate
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by disco stu » 04 Oct 2021, 8:15 am

I'm also interested in learning more about this law
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by womble » 04 Oct 2021, 8:23 am

It's true. I'll link it after work.
They can take over your social media and pretend to be you.
Snuck through legislation just recently.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 04 Oct 2021, 9:01 am

womble wrote:It's true. I'll link it after work.
They can take over your social media and pretend to be you.
Snuck through legislation just recently.

Is that how I and you are both the able person that was another person who was also another person but banned from this forum
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 04 Oct 2021, 11:58 am

Only if Albert and Kevin are drug lords or Nazis or something.
Maybe. I dunno.
That's what the legislation is for, infiltration crime syndicates and radicals.
But now that they have it...
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Oct 2021, 12:11 pm

cz515 wrote:Post up some proof mate

I know you're supremely confident about your Googling skills, but hey let me Google that for you.
Here's one article.

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/police-g ... ers-569062
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 12:21 pm

The link indicates they need a warrant.

"The bill grants the Australian Federal Police and Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission new powers to combat serious crime enabled by anonymising technology using three new warrants: network activity, data disruption and account takeover"
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Oct 2021, 12:42 pm

Oldbloke wrote:The link indicates they need a warrant.

"The bill grants the Australian Federal Police and Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission new powers to combat serious crime enabled by anonymising technology using three new warrants: network activity, data disruption and account takeover"

From another link

To obtain these warrants, it is not necessary for police to seek a judge’s authority. Instead, the police simply have to request them from the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, a review body within the government that independently reviews decisions made by officials but only has jurisdiction when the law specifically states so. This will make it much easier to gain warrants for data collection or modification without justification to a judge."
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 12:51 pm

A lower standard so it does appear to suck.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Oct 2021, 1:37 pm

Oldbloke wrote:A lower standard so it does appear to suck.

Especially for criminals.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Oct 2021, 2:20 pm

I guess like a lot of law. It's all about how it's used or abused.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ZaineB » 04 Oct 2021, 3:06 pm

the concern is the lack of oversight, these powers basically allow for things to occur before any oversight takes place, so its roughly 3 days in lieu between them doing something and having to have applied for permission to do so, literally the opposite to what it should be. Im all for catching crims, but no powers should be given to stitch people up nefariously or access peoples personal information and accounts before a judge has granted a warrant.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by womble » 04 Oct 2021, 3:55 pm

That link will do nicely thankyou.

It was pushed through with a sense of urgency. For what who knows. But i think the threat of domestic terrorism, homegrown fanatics.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 04 Oct 2021, 4:01 pm

Ahh there you go I am AFP

AFP=A Frustrated Police
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Oct 2021, 9:58 pm

This bloke seems to have bragged about his many illegal hunting/poaching activities on line.

With firearm and hunting laws being complex and at times confusing I can understand hunters might slip up on the odd occassion. But this bloke needs to pay, big time. No excuses.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control