.17 WSM

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

.17 WSM

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Dec 2021, 8:26 pm

Yay,,,,,,,, I got the email saying my PTA has been approved. :D :thumbsup:
For the nice little rifle that I did everything back to front for,,,, as in, bought sh!tloads of ammo before getting the rifle.

Now in a few days I will be playing with my new toy.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: .17 WSM

Post by bladeracer » 05 Dec 2021, 9:18 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Yay,,,,,,,, I got the email saying my PTA has been approved. :D :thumbsup:
For the nice little rifle that I did everything back to front for,,,, as in, bought sh!tloads of ammo before getting the rifle.

Now in a few days I will be playing with my new toy.

I hope we see some tiny groups of tiny holes :-)

I have to call Firearms tomorrow to confirm they received my letter giving further genuine reason for the Lithgow .303 my dealer is holding for me. Would be nice if I can collect that next week.

I was having a look through a locked ammo crate this arvo and discovered a small handful of .17HMR that somebody must've given me, does this mean it's time to buy another rifle :-)

Also some old Winchester semi-jacketed hollow-point 40gn WMR rounds. I vaguely recall a few years ago a neighbour dropped in with a carton of old mixed ammo found after a friend died, I guess I never found time to sort through it. I have a box full of odd stuff like that I've picked up over time. Got what looks like a WW2 steel-cased .45ACP round in there also.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 06 Dec 2021, 3:53 pm

Once when I was digging a hole in a new housing estate in Broome ( previously scrub) I found a 45 fmj bullet with rifling marks on it. I kept it for ages but no idea where it is now. So I reckon years ago some blokes must have been having a lash in the Bush when nobody was looking, either unregistered or couldn’t be bothered driving to the official pistol range
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by northdude » 06 Dec 2021, 4:15 pm

Nice christmas pressie :drinks:
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bladeracer » 06 Dec 2021, 5:45 pm

Blr243 wrote:Once when I was digging a hole in a new housing estate in Broome ( previously scrub) I found a 45 fmj bullet with rifling marks on it. I kept it for ages but no idea where it is now. So I reckon years ago some blokes must have been having a lash in the Bush when nobody was looking, either unregistered or couldn’t be bothered driving to the official pistol range

Could've been a remnant from military training exercises.

Our IPSC range was littered with 9mm FMJ bullets, the Police and others trained there every Wednesday (they never seemed to have any issue using FMJ on a pistol range). I collected a lot of undamaged rifled bullets and made key chains out of some of them.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by CT hillbilly » 10 Dec 2021, 5:38 am

i have the marlin 17 and theres no worries grouping a 10 cent size at 100m
CT hillbilly
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by northdude » 10 Dec 2021, 10:21 am

CT hillbilly wrote:i have the marlin 17 and theres no worries grouping a 10 cent size at 100m

Is that known as mo10c
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by CT hillbilly » 11 Dec 2021, 6:22 am

:D that will do :D has to be a nice still day they are a punchy little tac driver
CT hillbilly
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control