Do you love where you live?

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Do you love where you live?

Post by big matt » 24 May 2022, 12:11 pm

[attachment=0]IMG_20181017_150331_610.jpg[/attachme
Gotta love looking over the back fence to see this...lol
Attachments
IMG_20181017_150331_610.jpg
IMG_20181017_150331_610.jpg (155.19 KiB) Viewed 3462 times
big matt
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Do you love where you live?

Post by bladeracer » 24 May 2022, 3:08 pm

I love where I live, despite the bloody wind and mud, and the hills :-)
It would be nice to back onto a state forest for sure, but how would anything ever get done?
And I'd spend a fortune on freezers!
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 25 May 2022, 6:55 pm

Brinny should chime in to this.
He doesn't even have to look over the back fence.

:lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Larry » 25 May 2022, 11:25 pm

Thanks for asking that question. Bloody Oath I do. Its good to take a step back, look around and appreciate the things you take for granted.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by NTSOG » 27 May 2022, 7:09 am

Damn right I love where I live!

All I have to do is go out the back in the evening - about 130 yards behind the house - sit on a tree stump and wait for targets to appear out of the pine forest and bush and come onto my paddocks. [Behind the pine plantation is the State Forest.] Two foxes on Monday evening in ten minutes just after 7:30PM. Two more on Wednesday arrived early. They must have heard me sneak through the back gate at 8:00PM and refused to come in closer to my call. Heavy rain last night stopped me looking for them, but I'll be out there tonight. Plus three farms inside a two mile radius on which I can hunt at any hour. There are red and sambar deer on local properties if I wished to go for bigger game. There are also some small mobs of feral pigs around too - they seem to be slowly increasing in numbers on neighbouring properties.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by northdude » 29 May 2022, 7:44 am

Given my cicumstances (work, family etc) its ok im a country boy at heart (grew up in out back aussie) and always will be but now stuck in town. Love to have a rural block somewhere. At least I still get out and about from time to time and shoot at the club. Plus our gun laws arent as bad as yours yet so I should be greatfull for that...
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by mickb » 16 Jun 2022, 7:50 pm

I like my hometown area when I am back- tropical rainforest meeting the beaches. Even like the monsoons and 4m of rain a year. Hate the humidity though and mold :)
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bigpete » 16 Jun 2022, 10:28 pm

Yes and no. In theory it's a great place,close to the beach,close to the bush,good fishing and hunting to be had. In practice there's way too many people,way too many tourists,and way too much development going on.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Boundry Rider » 23 Jun 2022, 5:23 pm

I did before Sméagol became the grand PoohBah here.
Escaped WALcatraz
Boundry Rider
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 23 Jun 2022, 6:11 pm

bigpete wrote:Yes and no. In theory it's a great place,close to the beach,close to the bush,good fishing and hunting to be had. In practice there's way too many people,way too many tourists,and way too much development going on.

Sounds exactly the same as here Pete 30 years ago it was a Paradise now it's completely buggered with thousands of City Dwellers bringing their City ways
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 23 Jun 2022, 11:26 pm

If I didnt love where I live I wouldn't have moved here 24 years ago, built my own house and still be there,
Shooting, fishing, 4 wheeling, wineries, small city but everything within 10 min, employment for the kids, on the coast, work (office) 3 min from home.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigpete » 24 Jun 2022, 6:02 am

deye243 wrote:
bigpete wrote:Yes and no. In theory it's a great place,close to the beach,close to the bush,good fishing and hunting to be had. In practice there's way too many people,way too many tourists,and way too much development going on.

Sounds exactly the same as here Pete 30 years ago it was a Paradise now it's completely buggered with thousands of City Dwellers bringing their City ways

Yep,driving around with the missus a few days ago around my old haunts and there was a lot of " this area here used to be a forest,this area here used to be a swamp full of frogs,this area here was paddocks where I used to hunt feral pigeons,this area here was paddocks full of cattle/sheep...". Now its just all goddam houses and one of the most interesting and important historical areas ( i feel ),the old whaling station,was bull dozed for a great,ugly,horrible looking restaurant when I was a kid :(
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 24 Jun 2022, 6:35 pm

bigpete wrote:
deye243 wrote:

Yep,driving around with the missus a few days ago around my old haunts and there was a lot of " this area here used to be a forest,this area here used to be a swamp full of frogs,this area here was paddocks where I used to hunt feral pigeons,this area here was paddocks full of cattle/sheep...". Now its just all goddam houses and one of the most interesting and important historical areas ( i feel ),the old whaling station,was bull dozed for a great,ugly,horrible looking restaurant when I was a kid :(

I understand the significance of that last part I feel to the loss of the Ice Works Jetty here in McMillan Straits we're all the pros use to come in and unload there fish got turned into poxy upmarket restaurant for all the yuppies
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by safeshot » 27 Jun 2022, 9:09 pm

Yes.sw of WA. Its is a long way from Europe.
"Behave well. Think for the best. Speak kindly."
safeshot
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Border_Bloke » 26 Aug 2022, 9:10 am

I love the general area, but wish I was back living on some land out of town.
A while back I visited the property where I grew up in the 70's in south Gippsland. It's now been sub divided into small blocks.
Border_Bloke
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control